7: "i love you strawberry. i always will"

tw mention of suicide

"what are you doing?"

brendon was re packing my unpacked suitcase. "i have really bad news" he said. "your dad signed some papers off for you. the police are coming over to make sure you go with him"
"brendon no" i whispered.
"im so fucking sorry darling. i really aml
"can't i stay here?"
"i could go to jail if you stay"
"then i'll run away again!" i got out of bed and ran.
"dylan!" he caught me and hauled me back to my room. "you can't do this again. remember what you told me yesterday? what if it actually happens? and i'll be held accountable this time"

i couldn't put brendon at risk.

"what if i had an accident?" i asked.
"what?" he was confused.
"like say if i accidentally took a few extra aspirins-"
"dylan, you're not killing yourself!" he scolded me.
"worth a try" i sighed.
"what!?" he looked terrified and shocked. t
"hey" he knelt down to my heigh. "you're so strong. okay, these past two - nearly three - years you've survived so much. when your 16 you can leave - it's not that far. i promise i won't let him take you completely away"
"and i promise im not coming back. i'll bail you out when i have the money" i darted out the room and down the stairs.
"dylan stop! please!"

i got out the door to see a police car. i couldn't breathe.
"i told you!" then he saw i was having a fucking panic attack. he pulled me inside and took minuets to calm me.
"brendon don't let them take me" i sobbed as there was banging on the door. "please"'i begged him.
"im sorry darling" he said, tears in his eyes. he opened the door to reveal my dad.
"we're leaving. NOW"

i turned to face brendon.
"please" i whispered. he sighed.
"i don't want this either. but theres nothing i can do about this" he hugged me. "c'mon i'll walk you to the car"
"that won't be necessary" my dad said coldly. brendon wiped his eyes. "i guess this is goodbye"

there was no way out.

i hugged him again, tears streaming down my cheeks. then i was pulled away and shoved into the car. the doors locked.
the car started up and i saw brendon standing there. "i love you dylan. i always will" he called before he was out of sight.