9: "i got you, okay?"

"dylan it's okay. you're okay" he said as he was calming me. "what happened to your cheek?" he caressed it gently.
"he hit me" i whispered. jessica came running out and saw us.
"brendon! what are you doing here!?" she exclaimed.
"dylan left her beanie" he produced it from his pocket.
"i lost that at the park a few days ago" i sniffled.
"i know. i was walking penny and bogart and found it yesterday"

he hugged me. "im so sorry you had to go through that. why'd he do it?"
"well...we were sorta topless...making out...and he caught us" jessica said. 
"and he kicked me out" i added.
"dylan im sorry but this isn't okay. c'mon" he helped me up and opened the car door.
"what are you doing?" i stammered.
"throwing this dudes ass in jail"
"no! brendon you cant!"
"babe, he verbally and physically abused you and took away your rights to get help" jessica said. 
"im sorry, what!?" brendon exclaimed.
"he called her a bunch of horrible names, won't let her see molly, lied to her school or let her get medication. he even called her the d slur!"
"both of you, get in the car" he said.
"no! brendon don't!" i pleaded him.
"yeah uh im sorry but i will"
"please!" i begged.
"babe why don't you want him to help?" jessica asked.
"im scared"
"don't be" brendon put his arm round me
"everythings gonna be okay. i promise. he won't be able to hurt you anymore. you can come home, be with jessica, see molly...just let me help you" he said. i sniffled and nodded. he pulled me into his arms.

"i got you, okay?"