Chapter 3

(Mr. & Mrs. Grayson photo above)

*at Chandelier's room*

~Chandelier's POV

I woke up in my very large room. It's been three days since we moved to Texas, and today is MONDAY!

Wait what? Monday?
Ugh, I hate Mondays!

It just occurred to me that I'll be going to a new school. I walked tardily to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth first before taking a warm bath. Then I went back to my room to debate on what outfit to wear. After much thinking, I settled for a pair of blue ripped Jean, and a white camisole along with a white blazer.

"CHANDELIER! Get down here for breakfast!" Mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Ugh, does she ever get tired of yelling my name like that?" I groaned.

I grabbed my phone and backpack, then I went downstairs. Everyone were already seated at the kitchen island.

"Good morning Mom, good morning Dad" I greeted, and sat beside Alex.

"Good morning sunshine" Dad replied.

"Good morning sweetheart" Mom smiled.

"How come she get pet names while I get nothing?" Alex frowned.

"Because she's sweeter than you" Mom said smiling. Alex frowned even more.

"Ouch, that's gotta hurt" I smirked at Alex. "Thanks mom, you're the sweetest. I wish I were a man, I'd have married you before Dad did"

"Whoa, back off now. I might shoot you if you ever compete with me" Dad winked at me.

"You two are sweet, but we've got no time to waste. I don't want Chandelier and Alex going to school late on their first day" Mom indicated.

"Oh kill me!" I mumbled.

I finished my breakfast and so did Alex. We took our bags and went to the car. Mom was taking us to us to West-End High Schoola for enrollment.

**********

*West-End High School*

We arrived at West-End High School at 7:15. Mom parked the car in an empty space at the parking lot. We came down and headed straight for the Principal's office. The secretary let us in and offered us seats.

The Principal joined us a little later. Mom greeted him modestly, smiling as like a sixth grade who's related to be back to school. The Principal reviewed our transfer papers from our former school in DC, and started our enrollments.

I'm 17 years old, in 11th grade of Senior High School and Alex is 15 years old in 9th grade of Junior High School. We finished our enrollment in no time.

The principal asked the secretary to give Alex and I a copy of the school map each. The map contained the subjects we had and where the classes were held. We left the principal's office a little before was our first class.

"Okay kids, I'll leave you to it" Mom said hugging us.

"Okay Mom" Alex and I said at the same time.

"Be good and try to make friends, okay?"

"We didn't come here to make friends Mom" I said abruptly, rolling my eyes.

"Why are you here then?" She furrowed her brows.

"Uh, because you and Dad made us move to Dallas" Alex blurted.

"Quit fighting it both of you. You miss Washington? We all do!" Mom snarled. "I'm leaving now, don't make troubles okay? And BLEND IN to the environment." She hugged us again before she headed towards the exit door down the hallway.

I stood, watching her walk down the hallway until she was out of sight. Then I noticed that Alex was no longer beside me. I was about to panic, then I saw him talking to three girls standing in front of their lockers.

Ugh, unbelievable. That little stone-head of a brother!

At least he's blending in like Mom wanted, why can't you?

God, why does this voice keep popping up in my head?!

I shook my head. Fetching out the school map from my bag, I tried to study it. According to the map, my first class would be English.

I turned around to follow the direction of the map to the classroom when I noticed three girls standing at the entrance of the hallway and glaring at me with their arms folded across their chests.

The girl in the middle looked a little bit catchy, maybe it's because she had a full makeup on. Her blonde hair was knotted up in a bun with some strands floating over her face.

Is that kind of makeup even allowed in High School?

The blondie was a bit taller than the other two girls, but she wasn't as tall as I am. Without guessing I knew she was the leader of their gang or whatever they are. All three of them wore cheerleading uniforms.

Oh look at that, we've got haters already!

Oh look at that, will you shut up already?! Stupid voice.

I noticed them talking to each other while staring deep into my soul with glares. I didn't hear what they were saying, but I knew it was no good. I really didn't want any trouble especially on my first day in a new school.

Just then, the bell rang and everybody hurried to their classes.