Chapter 6

(Catherine photo above)

~Chandelier's POV

After school, Pete and Selene offered to give me a ride home, but I insisted that I'm good and my mom is on her way to pick my brother and I.

They said goodbye to me and left. Then I went to look for Alex. I saw him talking to three girls at the hallway. Oh and guess who the girls were.

THE SAME GIRLS HE SAT WITH DURING LUNCH BREAK!

Does Alex want to date these three girls or what?

You can't be jealous now, can you?

What? God no! Why would I be?

Ugh, stupid voice!

As soon as Alex saw me coming towards him, he dismissed the girls and walked up to me.

"Hello sis"

"Hey" I said. "So? What's with you and those three girls?" I asked Alex as we walked down the hallway.

"They're my friends now. Haven't you gotten any friends already? Oh, I forgot that I'm way cooler than you" Alex snickered.

I thought about punching his nose for saying that but I dropped the idea.

"Hmm" I hummed instead.

"Actually I noticed the one with red hair this morning at the hallway. She looked so much like Jessica" Alex told me.

I remembered Jessica. She was Alex's crush back in Washington.

"I went to say hi and to get to know her. She told me that the other two girls are her best friends. They keep no secret from each other and they share everything with one another. A friend of one must be a friend to all three of them"

"Uh, okay?" I scoffed, not wanting to know what that even mean.

"Yeah, she insisted that if I wanna say anything to her, I have to say it to all of them. Well, since they're all pretty, I don't see any problem with that" Alex said proudly.

"That's the most stupidest thing I've ever heard. What if you have a crush on one, does it mean you have to crush on all three of them? Or if you wanted to date one, would you have to date all of them?" I retorted.

"I didn't ask for it. If they want me to date all three of them, I say that's a bonus! It would be awesome to date three girls who are cool with which each other, wouldn't it?" Alex nudged my side.

Disgusting!

"Whatever. Just try not to die young okay?" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Don't you wanna know their names?" Alex asked.

I paused to think of the best sarcastic reply to give to my brother.

"Oh yeah, sure. You should totally tell me the names of your girlfriends, so I can add them to our family tree" I sputtered the best sarcasms I could come up with.

Was that even sarcastic?
Oh, whatever!

"They're not my girlfriends...yet. but since you asked, I'll tell you their names" Alex smirked. "The one with the red hair is Vicky, the brunette is Melissa and chubby one is Veronica."

"Yeah whatever" I rolled my eyes.

We merely arrived at the parking lot when I saw mom pulling her car over.

"There she is" I jumped as if we've been waiting for ages. Honestly, anything that would interrupt my brother's pathetic talk was welcomed.

Mom waved at us excitedly, like a kid given candy. We waved back at her and went to meet her. I sat at the passenger's seat while Alex sat at the back seat.

"Good afternoon mom" we both greeted.

"My sweethearts, how was first day in school?" Mom grinned.

"Good" we both replied.

I could see Alex staring at me from the corner of my eye. I had warned him earlier not to tell mom about what happened at the cafeteria during lunch break. Our parents have been through a lot lately, we can't afford to bother them with school too.

Mom took my hand and squeezed it gently smiling at me. I returned the smile. Then she drove off.

*********

*At the Grayson's*

My parents sat in the sitting room to watch TV after dinner. Alex had snuck to his room to play video games, leaving me to put the dishes away. I gathered the dishes and put them in the sink. I did the dishes and put them back on the kitchen shelves, then I hurried to my room to do my assignment.

I wonder why teachers think it's ok to give students assignment on the first day of school.

My phone buzzed, notifying me of an incoming call on Skype. I closed my textbooks, slightly pushing them away. I crawled back into my bed and reached for my phone which kept buzzing on the bed.

It was Mason! I jerked up in excitement as I brought the phone to my face. Then I realized how much I've missed him. I wiped my arm across my face, trying to keep a stern look. I didn't want to seem too excited as I received the call.

"Well hello there" Mason grinned

"Mason" I smiled back.

"I've missed you" we both said at the same time. Maison arched a brow at me and I flushed.

"How have you been Chandie?" He mumbled.

"The name is Chandelier thank you very much, and I've been good" I faked frown at him.

"Good to know. So, what's it like in Texas?" Mason blurted.

"It's nothing like Washington" I huffed out. "I miss home. Uh, I mean Washington. I guess Texas is my home now"

"Well, Washington misses you too, and I miss you too. I miss my best friend" Mason mumbled. "Hope you're being treated well in Texas? Otherwise, I'll come there and bring you back to D.C immediately"

"Honesty I wish you can take me back to D.C" I frowned "I've known Washington as home all my life. But now I'm in this bitch ass Texas."

"Bitch ass?" Mason repeated, arching a brow. "Now tell me what happened. Was it at school?" Mason demanded.

"Nothing happened. Really there's nothing to worry about"

Lies, lies, lies.

"If you say so. How was first day at school?" He asked.

"It was awesome!" I lied, not in the mood to talk about that Catherine girl.

Maybe some other time because I knew I'd definitely tell Maison about her someday, just not today.

We talked over the phone for an hour before we said goodbye and hung up. I finished my assignment and soon, I fell asleep.