Chapter 27

*at the Mayor's Manor*

~Cindy's pov

"Thank you for seeing us in such short notice Mr Mayor" Detective Gordon's voice rasped, breaking the silence that filed our living room.

"Oh well, it was required Detective." My Dad replied. "So do tell, any closure on the case?"

I stared in between my Dad and the Detectives quietly. I have been like this lately, quiet. Since the last thing I want to do is piss my father any further.

I felt a little lump form in my throat this morning when my father received a call from the cops during breakfast. My father had agreed to meet with the Detectives in our manor over the phone, and here we are.

"it's was a tough one, as the witness Selene kyle claim to overheard Catherine Anderson plotting with her two friends and an unknown guy to sabotage Cindy's party." Detective Gordon said, waving his hand to where I sat. Everyone glanced at me before returning their gaze back to Detective Gordon. "But on the contrary, not only did Catherine claim that the fire started from the band's wired guitar but the whole students who were at the party said the same thing."

"So, it was an accident?" my mom asked, arching a brow.

"it's possible, but we'll never be sure, judging from Catherine's shady personality." Adrianna Shawn stated. My mom furrowed her brows at her, clearly unsatisfied with her answer.

"We'll never be sure? I'm sorry but isn't it your damn job to find out?!" my mom spat. I slightly flinched in my chair.

Between my parents, my Dad is the hostile one, but my mom? She is the short tempered one.

We all exchanged glances at each other, the atmosphere was quite heated. Detective Gordon cleared his throat to speak, but was interrupted by my Dad.

"They wouldn't be here if they're not doing there job woman." He snorted, glaring at my mother. He turned his gaze back to Detective Gordon, "But surely Detective, you couldn't have called to meet if you haven't closed up on the case. That right?"

"Yes Mr Mayor." Detective Gordon slightly shifted forward in his Chair. "My partner and I were going through the photos the police took at the fire scene, and my partner noticed a CCTV in sight in the event hall. We must have missed it when we inspected the hall that night..."

I froze, I dead froze! How the fuck did I forget that? I was so consumed with hate that I forgot about the fucking CCTV on every corner in our Manor! I glanced at my parents. My Dad sank further into his chair and my mother's jaw had dropped. They were both clearly thinking the same thing...

HOW DID WE ALL FORGOT THE CCTV!

The atmosphere was uncomfortably quiet. My earlier frowning mom suddenly became calm.

"Mr Mayor?" Detective Gordon called out, bringing my father out of his haze.

"Yes, the CCTV. We totally forgot about it now, didn't we?" My Dad let out a forced laugh.

"If we may, we'd love to see the video footage of that night. Hopefully, it'll help us solve the case."

"Yes, this way." My Dad said, as he stood up and led the way to the CCTV control room. We all followed him.