Chapter 9

*At the Grayson's*

~Chandelier's pov

I decided to skip school today. It was my time of the month, and I was feeling a bit feverish along with my painful cramp. Mom now works at a post office down town. She took the day off and stayed back to watch over me. Dad went to the flea market to sell some chicken and Alex went to school. So it's just me and mom at home.

I lay at the big Italian couch in the sitting room. Mom sat beside me. The TV was on but I wasn't interested to watch the TV. I had refused to eat anything mom prepared, all I wanted was pizza.

"Sweetheart, you had pizza for breakfast, you can't have pizza again for lunch" mom said. "You have to eat something else. Try some vegetables or salad"

"I'm not even hungry mom, the pain in my stomach wouldn't let me eat anything" I winced.

"But the pain allowed you to eat pizza" mom said sarcastically

I smiled sheepishly at my mom. She knows that in whatever condition I'm in, I'll always be able to eat pizza.

I mean girls love pizza right?

"Oh darling, I can't help it when you're starving yourself. You know that if only..."

Ding dung!

The front bell rung interrupting mom. We both stared at each other, not sure who could be at the door.

"Is that dad? He's early"

I don't think so. He called earlier and said that he'd be coming home late today."

"Are you expecting anyone?" I asked.

"Oh no! Alex! I forgot to go pick him up from school. He must have walked home"

"But school only closed 10 minutes ago. How could he have gotten home so quickly if he walked all the way home?"

Ding dung!

Mom jumped at the second sound of the bell. "I'll just get the door." She said.

"Good idea" I mumbled she went to get the door.

Mom reached the door and unlocked it. I heard some conversations at the door but I couldn't make out all the words.

"How's her health now?" I heard a voice asking

"She's much better, she's inside, in the sitting room" I heard mom reply

She's inside? Someone came to see me? Could it be from school?

How the fuck did anyone find my house?

Alex came into the sitting room, he threw his bag on the table and sank into the couch.

I watched Alex with wide eyes. It was Alex asking about my health? Since when did Alex cared about my health?

Shocking!

I opened my mouth to say something to Alex when mom came inside, someone followed closely behind my mom.

Selene!

Now it all make sense. I could bet my left kidney that Alex would never ask about my health. Not that he doesn't care. He's my brother!

"Sweetheart, your friend came to check on you" mom said grinning

"Hi" Selene smiled at me

"Hi" I returned the smile.

I didn't know she moves with Alex now.

"I, I uh didn't see you in school today, so I asked your brother during lunch break and he told me you were sick. My parents aren't home, so I told my brother I was coming to see you"

"Thank you so much" I said "Please have a seat"

Selene sat beside me.

"Why didn't you come to pick me up in school mom? Selene had to give me a ride home" Alex suddenly spoke.

"Honey, I forgot. I'm so sorry. I was busy looking after your sister that I forgot it was time to come pick you up"

"You were looking after Chandelier? she's not a baby!" Alex ricocheted.

"Shut up asshole" I snared.

"Language please!"

"Sorry mom"

"Alex, I'm sorry I forgot to come pick you up" mom sighed "Selene, thank you for coming to Alex's rescue"

"No problem ma'am" Selene said

"I'm leaving you all now. Please make sure your guest is comfortable. Lunch is in the kitchen." Mom said and went upstairs.

Alex went to the kitchen immediately. He didn't even act as if we had a guest.

Asshole.

"so... I wasn't expecting you." I blurted out, before pausing to think my words through. "Uh, I don't mean it that way, I just.."

"I understand" Selene said calmly. "I didn't even know I'd be coming either. I met your brother during lunch break to asked after you. That was when he told me that you're sick."

"Thanks for coming to check up on me"

"It's nothing. You would do same for me anyways"

Would I?

"Yah, I totally would!" I said, convincing myself that I would.

"So... How are you feeling now?"

"It's not that much of a deal. You know? Girls sickness" I grinned

"Oh! You'll be fine before daybreak"

"Yah. Uh, do you care for pizza or chicken and chips?" I asked her.

"Pizza is fine"

I went to the kitchen to bring the pizza. Alex was sitting at the kitchen island and devouring the chicken and chips mom made for lunch.

"Whoa, easy man. What's with the appetite?" I said to Alex.

Silence.

"Are you craving chicken and chips or something?"

Silence.

"Asshole" I mumbled, then I grabbed the pizza on the kitchen island and went back to the sitting room. Selene had already tuned the TV to Netflix...

"I see you've helped yourself out" I said, nodding at the TV.

She giggled and handed me the remote. I sat beside her and we watched 'the classic girls' on Netflix.

Besides watching Netflix, we talked about a lot of things. Most of which was about games and hobbies.

Pretty soon it was 5:45pm already!

How time flies!

It was about sunset! Selene had to leave, it was almost time for her parents to return. Good thing is she came with a ride. I walked her to her car. We said goodbye and she drove off!