Chapter 32

*at the Grayson's*

~Chandelier's pov

"Wow, Alex I'm really sorry about how it turned out with Vicky, but hey, at least you told her how you felt." I said to Alex while we were sitting in the sitting room.

My dad was taking a nap, and mom was in the kitchen making dinner. Alex and I were watching "Teen minds" on Netflix, but we paid no attention to it as Alex was telling me about the fight between Vicky and her friends.

"I wish I hadn't told her. I wish I knew she likes Greg. You know what's funny? Greg doesn't even notice her, maybe he wouldn't even want her." Alex snorted.

"I thought Greg is Catherine's boyfriend?" I grimaced.

"He just roll with Cat. He's not into her. But Cat just claims possession and try to chase other girls away." Alex muttered

"I don't get the deal with this Greg guy. Why do girls wanna pee in their pants for him? He looks quite a bad boy to me, I mean, he's never present in school. How does he even pass his grades." I blurted out.

"Rich kids, they can easily buy good grades." Alex ricocheted.

"I'm not surprised." I hissed. "But hey, look on the bright side, you found out the truth. Vicky is into someone else and Veronica likes you, so?" I said with a shrug.

Alex raised an eyebrow at me. "Your point is?"

"I don't know, she might be a good replacement." I shrugged.

Alex glared at me. "I'm done talking to..." Alex was interrupted by the doorbell

Ding dung!

We both exchanged questioning looks. "Are we expecting someone?" I mumbled.

"I don't know, maybe Dad or Mom is." Alex shrugged.

"Someone get the door!" Mom yelled from the kitchen.

Ugh, what's with Mom and yelling?

I got up and went to the front door, I unlocked the door and opened it. A fair lady stood outside the door. She was probably in her forties. She had a brunette hair and a pair of deep blue eyes. She looked pale and sick. She wore on a blue flowery top and black jean.

I'm sure I've never seen this lady before, but for some reasons, something felt awkwardly familiar about her, her poised face and deep blue eyes though.

"Good day ma'am." I said to the lady.

"Good d-day little one. Are y-you Victoria's d-daughter?" the lady stutter, shaking her head awkwardly as if she's suffering from some kind of mental illness.

Before I could reply her, my mom came out of the kitchen.

"Honey who's at the door?" Mom asked from behind me. I shifted to one side to grant my mom access to see the lady.

A little relief crossed the lady's face to see my mom, but my Mom was shocked to see her. She quickly stand in the way of the door, ushering me to go back inside. Mom glared at the lady.