Chapter 40

*at the Grayson's*

~Chandelier's POV

So it's been two days since the uh, well the doom day. My Dad left home on Sunday morning and he has not yet returned. I mean, I don't blame him, no man would be happy to discover his wife was a stripper in that circumstance. Alex on the other hand, didn't say much to anyone. He would be in his room all day, playing video games and loud music.

Uh men, they just can't think less of themselves and actually see a woman in pain!

My Mom has been in her room for two days. She would cry and do nothing else. I constantly had to go to her room to make sure she was ok. I mean, I'm disappointed too, I'm mad that my Mom did such hideous things for what? Money? But then, I can't just sit and watch her hurt so much. She's still my mother, and I know I will forgive her, but I'm just not there yet.

I have a lot I wanna ask her. I know my Dad and Alex do too but, the tension is just too much. The anger and hurt is too much. I'm gonna have to give it time, but she definitely has a lot to explain. Like  why we received video of her past from an anonymous, why she had to be a stripper out of all the things she could've possibly done.

I couldn't help but stay up all night thinking, who could possibly have sent that video. Could it be her old boss, or one of those men she danced for, or even an enemy from the past. It just doesn't make sense, why did the person have to wait all these years?

I was so deep in thought I didn't hear my Alex come into my room.

"Hey" Alex croaked, bringing me out of my thoughts

"Hey, I didn't know when you entered" I muttered

"Yeah? Why ain't you picking up your calls?"

"You called me?" I blurted, trying to find my phone on my bed.

"Dad texted me a while ago, he said you're not answering his calls"

I found my phone under the pillow and I grabbed it. "My God! 13 missed calls?" I groaned, I discovered 10 was from my Dad and 3 was from Selene. "I'd call Dad back right away" I said, and I dial my Dad's number.

"No need, he's coming home tonight" Alex said and left my room immediately

"Okay" I said to my empty room. I ended the call and went to check on my Mother, again.

I knock on her door, I heard her faint voice say 'come in'. I Opened the door and went into the room, shutting the door behind me. She was sitting on her bed, with her laptop on her lap. She quickly close the laptop immediately I entered the room.

"I just wanted to check on you" I muttered.

"Thanks baby, I'm fine" She mumbled

"So huh, what are you doing?" I nodded to her laptop. She hesitated to say something. "Mom, do you think you can talk about uh, well everything?" I asked, I thought its high time she said something about that video

She mumbled something I didn't hear. She kept the laptop on the nightstand. "Come sit sweetheart" She tapped her hand on the table, inviting me to sit beside her. I climbed on the bed and sat beside her.