Chapter 24

*at the police station*

~Catherine's pov

"Where were you on Friday night?" Detective Gordon asked me while we're sitting in the interrogation room.

"At Cindy's party." I replied.

"Where were you at exactly 11:45pm when the fire started?" He arched a brow.

"I was at the lawn, by the hedges."

"Were you alone?" He question.

"No." I blurted, while trying to maintain a very calm composure. I'm not about to give this cop a reason to think I might be lying.

"Who else was there with you?" He cleared his throat and lean back in his chair.

"My best friends, Kylie and Genesis."

"And?" He tried to cajole me to keep going.

"No one else." I whined.

"Why were you girls at the lawn?"

"Nothing. We were just chilling."

"Are you sure?"

"Look Detective, I don't see where this is going. I don't need a reason to be outside a party." I snarled.

"But you need a reason to be at the party of a girl who you hate so much, don't you think?" Detective Gordon snorted.

"Well what can I say? I got an invitation. Here it is, see for yourself." I opened the invitation message Cindy sent to the whole school, and put my phone to the Detective's face for him to see.

He read the message, he raised his eyebrows in some kind of satisfaction, and he stroke his imaginary beard.

"Seem like a message sent to a lot of people, maybe the whole school?" Detective Gordon shrugged.

"But it's still an invitation, isn't it? I got an invitation to a party, and I went for the party." I stated bitterly

Detective Gordon sighed. "Now let's talk about your relationship with Miss Cindy."

I raised an eyebrow. "What's there to talk about?"

"You tell me" Detective Gordon leaned out of his chair.

"We don't have a relationship. I mean we do coexist but in the end, I'm me and she's her " I huffed.

"So, who are you, and who is Cindy?"

"That's easy. I'm the Queen and Cindy is the 'wannabe' Queen." I stated proudly.

"That sounds a lot intense."

"We hate each other, if that's what you wanna hear" I said, huffing out. "Look I'm not gonna sit here and act like we never had our dramas. As a matter of fact, everyone knows I hate Cindy as much as she hates me."

"Okay. Now that we're clear that you hate Cindy, let's go back to the fire." Detective Gordon said calmly.

Is he serious right now?