Chapter 37

*at the Fagin's*

~Catherine's pov

I have been in my room all day, sitting on the bare floor with my knees brought up to my jaw and my hands wrapping around my legs. I was busy crying my lungs out. I never imagine that I'll ever have this fucked up life. All my heart is filled with rage, anger and thirst for revenge. I used to have it all, rich stepfather, classic mother, most handsome boyfriend, money, freewill, everything. Until the Graysons took it all away. Chandelier and her father took my happy life away.

It's been three weeks since my stepfather was arrested for drug trafficking and sent to jail. And Greg was sent to juvie. Now I've got no stepfather to give me luxury life, no boyfriend to give me money and sex. My mother is even a bigger mess. Her husband is no longer here to buy her expensive things or give her luxury life anymore. She drink and smoke all day.

No one fear me anymore. They all look at me with pity. That bitch Cindy is busy campaigning for prom Queen. She stole my spotlight!

I have been a crybaby for three weeks, and I've decided that no more! The Graysons destroyed my family, it high time I returned the favour. I'll go any length to make them pay. Even if I have to sell the last of my belongings just to pay Tanya to help me out, I will!

My tummy began to rumble. I needed something to eat. I went downstairs to meet my mother. I found her lying on the couch in the sitting room, with empty bottles all over the floor. I went over and tapped her by the shoulder. "Mom?"

She groaned and slowly opened her eyes. "What is it?" She grumbled.

"Mom, I'm starving" I whimpered.

"I don't have any food darling." She tried to caress my cheek, but I knocked her hand off.

"So, we're just gonna starve?" I quarreled

"Darling I don't have any food. I don't have any money. I don't have any job. This is how your father left us and went to jail"

"Stepfather!" I corrected my mom.

"Uh, whatever" my mom groaned.

"Well, what about my father? My biological father. In a time like this he should help us." I snarled.

"What are you talking about? I told you he left us a long time ago. He found out about my job and he didn't like it. So he left me." my mom sobbed

"Wait what? He didn't like your job? You never told me anything about a job. You said he left you and ran off with another lady before you knew you were pregnant with me. Damn mom, why can't you just tell me the truth for once?" I yelled.

My mom broke into tears. "Baby I'm sorry, I have a lot to tell you but I can't. This is not the time"

"I want to hear the truth right now!"I demanded

My mom tried to calm herself, she sniffed and wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "Okay, I'll tell you the truth"

She beckoned me to sit down. I sat beside her, ready to hear the truth about my biological father even though that was the least of the things I care about right now. I just need money!