Chapter 36

*West-End High School*

~Chandelier's pov

I slowly walked into the classroom, with my head down as I knew I was late. Mrs Hudson was already teaching Math when I walked in.bshe stopped me in front of the classroom.

"Miss Chandelier?" Mrs Hudson croaked.

"Y-Yes ma'am" I stuttered, looking at anywhere but her face.

"Do you mind telling us why you're just coming now?"

"Yes ma'am. I uh, woke up sick, and my mom made me see a doctor first before coming to school. I'm really sorry Mrs Hudson, it won't happen again, I promise."

"Good. You can take your seat now." She dismissed me.

I took a look around the classroom but all the seats were occupied, except for the seat next to Genesis, another seat next to Steve, and the seat next to Pete. I stood debating on which seat to take.

"Chandelier? Are there ghosts seated on the empty seats?" Mrs Hudson wheezed, some students chuckled at her remarks.

"Uh, no ma'am" I muttered.

"Well then, take a seat will ya?" She said huskily.

I took a step further but I noticed Genesis quickly take her books and placed them on the empty seat beside her with a disgusting smirk on her face.

Asshole!

Ain't nobody wanna seat close to you anyways.

I slowly walked pass the first two rows, coming close to Steve's seat, I caught him winking at his friends. I knew seating close to the school bad boys will be the beginning of a new nightmare for me. So I quickly walk pass him. I noticed the disappointment on his face, he must've really be expecting me to take the seat next to him. I didn't because I know he and his friends would want to toil with me just to make the whole class laugh.

Now I'm left with the seat next to Pete. I let out a breath of distress, Pete and I haven't exactly been friends these passed weeks. But then, didn't they say the Devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know? So yeah, it's better Pete than Genesis or Steve.

I went to the last row, and took the seat next to Pete's. I put my books on the table and took a quick glance at Pete. He let out a small smile at me, I mentally rolled my eyes and looked forward to Mrs Hudson. I tried paying attention but the fact that Pete kept stealing glances at me was distracting.

"Dude, is there a reason why you're staring at me?" I whispered to Pete.

"I uh, uh, it's nothing. There's no problem at all." Pete sputtered.

"What discussion is going on there?" Mrs Hudson scowled at Pete and I. Everyone turned their heads towards us.

"Nothing, sorry ma'am." We apologized. Mrs Hudson warned for there to bed silence and resumed teaching.

I didn't realise when we came to the end of the period. Math is such a bore! I packed my books as the students hurriedly left the classroom. I got up to leave the classroom then Pete stood in my way. I realized it was just him and I left in the classroom.