Chapter 43

*Dallas Medical Center*

~Chandelier's POV

I woke up feeling my head ache badly. I winced and blinked as light rays pierce into my eyes, forcing me to shut them tight. I slowly opened my eyes as I begin to gained consciousness, I couldn't feel my legs so I looked down at it, but it was covered in a plain white bedcover that wasn't mine?

Where the fuck am I?

I frowned to a beeping sound I heard and I looked for the source. Then I noticed all these needles fixed into my body, a drip on my left hand, an oxygen supply machine fixed to my nose and some sort of chest tunes fixed on my chest. I looked above my head and I found the source of the beeping sound, an electrocardiogram machine. I quickly tried to get up but pain erupted in my chest. I quickly fell back into the bed.

I started sobbing as I recalled what happened yesterday. I looked to my right and saw Alex sleeping on the chair.

"Alex? Hey"

He blinked and sat up, wiping his eyes with the back of his hands. He mumbled something I didn't hear. "English please?" I muttered

"I said you're conscious" he blurted

"I'm conscious? How long have I been unconscious?" I inquired

"Two days" He mumbled

"Two days?!" I gasped. I tried to sit up, but the pain in my chest gripped me again. I gritted and fell back to the bed. "Why the hell can't I get up?" I grunted

"Chandelier, relax. Your chest hurt because you were shot, the bullet missed your heart by an inch." Alex tried to help me lay back on the bed

"Yeah, I remember that bitch shooting me" I mumbled, I looked at Alex, "Where's mom?"

Alex's face went pale and he quickly look away. He seemed to be fighting to hold back something. "Chandelier you should get some rest, the doctors said you need to rest and not to stress yourself" Alex deviated.

"What are you not telling me, where's mom? Is she ok?" I questioned seriously

"Dad asked me not to say anything to you, not until you're fully recovered" Alex said hesitantly

"What the fuck? Where's Dad? Why's he not here? Tell me what happened at once" I demanded

Alex let out a sigh, "After Cat shot Mom and you, She wanted to shoot me next, but Dad tried to save me. Then she shot Dad instead but Dad still advanced towards her. They fell to the ground and were struggling for the gun. Cat got to it first and was about to shoot Dad again but I knocked her out with the night Lantern. And I called 911." Alex started to weep

"Hey don't cry, you did well. You saved Dad" I consoled my brother. "How's Dad, is he okay?"

"He's doing ok, he's in the hospital too."

"So you could tell me Dad is ok,  but you can't tell me that Mom is ok too? Alex, did something happen to Mom?" I demanded, forcing myself to sit up, and ignoring the pain on my chest. To my surprise Alex started to cry. I became scared. "Alex please tell me, is Mom gonna be okay? Is she on life support machine? What did the Doctors say?" I asked questions after question.

"Mom is dead! She couldn't make it. The bullet went straight to her brains, she wasn't as lucky as you and Dad" Alex wept

"No, that's not true! Mom's not dead, she can't be dead. NOOO!" I screamed.

Alex tried to shush me, but I wouldn't let him stop me. I cried like my life depended on it. A nurse ran into the room, and tried to calm me but I wouldn't let her either.

"Mom can't die, she can't die" I started panicking, I fell to the bed, panicking, and my vision blurred out.

*      *      *      *      *      *

[one week later]

*at Victoria's funeral*

I felt nothing but sadness, pain, emptiness and regret this day. Nothing was consoling, not the family, not the relatives, not the friends who were present at my mother's funeral. We were all in blacks, gathered round my mother's coffin and listening to the priest blab on about a better place my Mom is at now. I don't give a damn about a better place, I just want my mother here, alive, with us. But I guess that's never gonna happen now.

Selene has been beside me ever since I was discharged from the hospital. Her parents were on a business trip, so she always slept in my room.

Alex has got his own challenges as well. I felt for him the most because he had no real friend to console him or spend time with him. I wanted to spend time with him but then, I too am grieving and stressed out. I was so happy when Pete decided to spend time with Alex. They ain't friends from the start but I think they get along quite alright.

My Dad was lonely the most. I don't know how he dealt with it but he tried anyways. He tried to be strong and there for us,  but I saw through him. He misses my Mother, we all do. As time go by, it became quieter in our house.

I looked over my shoulder to see everyone who came to the funeral. Some of my aunties and uncles were here. Some of my Dad's former colleagues from Washington came too. Mr and Mrs Davison also came, Maison's parents. They stood at the back. I was kinda mad that Maison couldn't come, but I understood he had exams in college. I missed him and needed him now.

The priest finished his Simon, said a short prayer, and a nun sang a departure hymn and we all joined in. The priest ushered us to come forward one after the other, and drop the flowers we were holding in my Mom's grave.

My Dad went first, he slowly walked to the grave. He stood over the grave with his head bowed as a he stared at the coffin six feet below. He exhale deeply and threw his flower into the grave. Then he walked back to his position. Alex went next, he stood a minute over the grave, he stroked his nose and sniffed. Then he threw his flower into the grave. I went next.

I sluggishly walked to the grave, I looked down at the coffin. I wanted to cry out but I managed to contain myself. I wiped a stray tears with the back of my hand. Staring at my mom's coffin I felt nothing but anger. I wished I'd see Catherine right now. I swear I'd put her six feet below the ground. But I guess there's nothing I can do now, my Mom is dead anyways and Catherine is in juvie now. I wished I had stopped my mom from going to see Rhonda instead of encouraging her. I wished we never moved to Dallas, none of these would've happened.

I threw the flower in my hand into the grave and stepped back. My uncles and aunties all went one after the other to put their flowers in the grave . Selene squeezed my hand gently before going to throw her flower in the grave. Claire, Pete, Mr and Mrs Davison and everyone else all went and threw their flowers into the grave.

The priest said the last prayer and gestured the men to fill up the grave with sand.

I'm never gonna see my Mother again!!