Chapter 19

*at Cindy's party*

~Chandelier's pov

"Holy Molly!" I exclaimed as Cindy's house came into view.

It was a huge manor. No scratch that, this is a mansion. Cindy lives here?

"Yeah, it's pretty nice." Pete whispered, "you should you see inside."

Pete pulled the car over few blocks away from Cindy's manor house. This was the closest parking spot we could find. There was a lots of cars parked on both sides of the road ahead of us.

We got down from the car and made our way to the party. The 'welcome' signs post by the hedges was our guide to the event hall. The inside was grand. The moment we entered the hall, we were welcomed by the loud pop music blasting throughout the hall. You literally have to scream at the top of your voice for the next person to hear you. Despite the loud music coming from the gigantic speakers in the hall, we never heard a sound when we were outside the hall. My guess, all the doors and windows are soundproof.

"Wow!" Selene's eyes widened. "I've been to house parties, but none is as grand. This is way outta earth.

I giggled at her naivety. Pete rolled his eyes." Try not to embarrass us, okay?" He huffed out.

"So admiring a grand party now is embarrassing you? Huh?" Selene sneered.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that young lady"

"Yeah? And what are you gonna do tough guy?" Selene crossed her arms over her chest, daring her brother.

I couldn't hold back the laughter trying to erupt in my tummy. These two siblings are something else, and lovely in a way.

"Let's just get a seat." Pete waved Selene off.

We squeezed ourselves through clusters of dancing teenagers until we got to the far extreme at the left. There were several sofas at the corners of the hall but definitely not enough to accommodate all the people in the hall. We sat on a sofa that was empty, it's soft surface relaxed my nerves.

"Good idea!" I spoke at the top of my voice.

"What?" Pete yelled back.

"I said good idea" I repeated. "I meant you had a good idea when you suggested that we get a seat."

"How so?" Pete yelled.

"The sofas in this hall is way too few to accommodate every person here, and by the time everyone will be exhausted from dancing and probably needs to sit, there won't be enough seat." I screamed every word.

Pete chuckled. "Are you kidding me? Don't you know what teenage parties are like? No one will care about the sofas, because pretty much soon the partying will be taken outside, or to the car, or the dark streets, or wherever these teenagers pleases to get drunk or make out."

"Oh?" I said awkwardly.

Pete grabbed a bottle of champagne that was on a small pickle table in front of us. Six glasses were also on the table. Pete ran his finger on the bottle as if he's studying the label.