Chapter 15

*Chandelier's room*

~Chandelier's pov

I drew a deep breath as I finished up my assignment. I sank deeper into the leather chair, placing my feet on my study desk. I shut my eyes trying to think back on everything that has happened this week.

Catherine - Pete - Selene - school - Cindy - Basketball

Oh Cindy!

I said that I'd text her, right?

I stood up from the chair, stretching my body tiredly. I climbed into the bed, reaching for my phone which was just at the edge of the bed, and I picked it up. I double tapped the screen and a bright blue light came up. I went ahead to text Cindy.

5:20pm: Hey, I hope this isn't a bad time to text you? So about that basketball team we talk about, my parents are cool with it. So I guess I'm in. Oh and thank you for telling me about it. I hope I make the team.

I felt really excited about the basketball team. I mean a professional basketball team? Super cool! I daydreamed about being on TV and stuff, though the thought kinda made me nervous.

I was still lost in my excited thoughts when my phone buzzed. I picked it up and read the text I received.

Cindy 5:34pm: Hey dear, I'm glad your parents agreed. So, new players are auditioned on Fridays. But don't you worry about how you'd make the team, 'cause I know someone who can help with that. So just apply online today and you'll be auditioned on Friday. We'd be going to the gym on Friday after school, you can come with us.

I frowned at my phone, pondering what she meant by she know someone. Does she mean like someone who can help me get pass the audition or something?

I decided to text her instead, only she could explain what she meant. So I typed some message,

5:44pm: you know someone who can help? I thought that to make the team I'd have to apply for entering, get auditioned and if I'm lucky enough, I'll selected to join the team. That's how a professional team works, right?

At least, that's how I thought it worked. But I'm not fussing, if she can help me get in the team through the someone, I definitely wouldn't mind. My phone buzzed again and I read out the message I received.

Cindy 5:57pm: Relax! You're right about the entering and audition though. But I was only saying that I know someone on the inside who can pull on or two strings so you'd be secured to make the team.

Okay that was a relief. But I still wanted to be clear on some things so I texted her her.

6:01pm: oh I see. So, this person you know, would I have to pay him sort of?

Cindy 6:06pm: lol, c'mon girl. Don't freak out now. You don't have to pay or do anything. And the person I was talking about is actually my cousin. He is the assistant coach of The Dragons Senior team. That's all.

I was elated to hear this. Its not like I had any money to pay off anyone anyways. My excitement didn't last more than minute before I felt like a cheat. I thought about being helped to get on a team and I realised I wouldn't wanna see myself as a weakling. So I decided to text Cindy back.

6:10pm: Oh, that's cool... But if you don't mind, I was hoping to do this on my own. So if it's ok, I'd like you to not bother your cousin with this. At least if I'm gonna make the team, let me merit it.

Cindy 6:14pm: Gee girl, no problem at all. I admire your guts. Anyways, I have faith in you, I know you'd make the team. I'm not trying to flatter you or anything but I know you have great skills. You'll make the team on your own.

I was glad we settled this amicably, and she trusted me to do this on my own. I took my phone and texted her.

6:18pm: Thank you for understanding.

Cindy 6:20pm: No pressure. By the ways, I'm having a car bash party. You know about the details, yeah? So, I'd love you to come.

6:13pm: I don't know, I mean I don't really party much.

Cindy 6:15pm: There's a first time for everything...
Please?!

6:17pm: Alright, but no promises yet, okay?

Cindy 6:19pm: Okay, bye!

Phew, that was one hell of texting!

I let my phone slip from my hand, it landed on the bed. I felt the night suddenly getting colder. I shuddered a bit and quickly pull my duvet up to my chest.

Really? No promises yet?
I could've simply said no thanks!

Well, I probably would be going to the gym with Cindy and the other girls after school so, I might as well just go to her party. What's the worst that can happen? After all, I live here now, don't I?