Chapter 38

*on the road to Texas*

~Catherine's POV

I've been driving for 6 hours now, going to my grandmother's. I've never visited before, well none that I remember but I've got the address. My grandparents live in Travis County, that's where my mom grew up. My grandfather died over a decade ago so it's just my grandmother living with the three kids of her first daughter, my late aunt.

Don't get it wrong, this is not a Christmas holiday or an occasional visit, I'm only going there to get some of my mother's old stuffs. It appears the only tool to destroy the Grayson family has been in my mom's possession and I never knew.

Who could've thought that my mother and Chandelier's mother used to be best friends.

I nodded my head to the song blasting from the stereo, "blood for blood" by Maria. The song is best describing what I feel right now, anger and thirst for revenge. Ever since Chandelier came to West-End high school, all I ever did to her was try to torment her. She if she wanted to retaliate, she should've come for me, but instead she came for my family. The Graysons hit my family badly, and now I wanna hit them back, harder!

I slowed down as I approached my grandmother's crib. It was a small house with a huge tree house in front of it. I pulled up close to treehouse since there was no parking space or garage. I got out of my car and locked it. I looked up at the small crib, it was so small. I'm very grateful my mom moved away from here. I'd have hated her if she had me in this house. I drew in a breath and exhale, I walked to the front door. I heard squealing of children inside the house. I knocked on the door, the squealing stopped immediately.

"Who's there?" A chicky little voice asked

"Uh, my name is Catherine, I wanna see grandma Maggie" I said calmly

The door slowly cranked open, a little girl perked out her head. She might be four years old. "Grandma! A little blondie girl wants to see you!" she yelled on top of her voice.

I frowned at her, "I'm not little." I scorned

"Well, you're not an adult yet, so you're little to me." she blurted

Honestly, I felt like strangling her for calling me little but I smiled at her instead. I have to be nice to them if I want them to let me take what I came here for, right?

"Jennifer, Who's at the door?" An elderly voice asked from inside

"I don't know her, see for yourself grandma" Jennifer said, shifting to one side and opening the door wider. Grandma Maggie stared at me, strangely.

"Uh, good day ma'am, my name is..." I started but was interrupted

"Catherine! You're Catherine" grandma Maggie exclaimed. "You look just like your mother"

I let out a small smile. "Yes grandma, I'm Catherine" I nodded

"Come on in" grandma Maggie invited, I followed her inside. She offered me a seat and a drink.

"Oh dear, it's been a long time. What brought you here, and where's your mother?"

"My mother asked me to come get some of her old stuffs. She needs them for a business promotion. She would've come to get them herself but she doesn't have leave from work until next month" I lied

"Oh, so that means you're not staying?" Grandma Maggie croaked

"Oh no grandma, I have to go to school tomorrow. But we'll come spend Christmas holiday with you, me and my mother" I lied again

"Alright then. I better give you the keys to your mother's boxes in the basement so you can return back to the city on time, it's a long journey ahead"

"Thank you grandma" I beamed