Chapter 33

~Greg's POV

I returned to my car after helping Selene with her car. I opened my car door and got in, I was about fixing my seat belt when Selene's car went off.

Letting out a breath, I sighed. Selene's car is in a bad shape, but I can't just leave them here, at least not if I want to get Chandelier's attention.

I got out of my car and walked to Selene's car, which was just in front of mine. Chandelier jerked up in her seat when I knocked on the window by the passenger seat. They both snapped their heads toward me.

I mouthed a 'what happened?' as I was sure they wouldn't here me if I voiced it since their car windows were all wined up.

Chandelier wined down her window. "I don't know" She said in  a shrug.

I turned my gaze to Selene. "Your car is in a really bad shape."

"My brother already called car service, but I just really have to take Chandelier to the Dragon  sport gym first before car service gets here." Selene huffed out.

"Oh that's too bad. Your car can't make it to the Dragon sport gym. Maybe you should wait for car service and get your car fixed instead." I glared at my wristwatch, There's no much time left before the game and I must take this opportunity. "You're getting late for the game you know?" I said to Chandelier.

She quickly looked at her watch. She frowned when she realized that I was right. She looked at Selene, as if pleading to let her go. Selene made an apologetic eyes with a pout as if blaming herself for the delay. Chandelier simply smiled at Selene, she knew Selene was only trying to help.

"You can tag along in my car, I'm heading for the match anyways." I  offered with a shrug, so Chandelier wouldn't think of it as anything.

Chandelier stared at Selene and then back to me. Selene stiffened like a petrified cat. There's just something about Selene that I don't get. She obviously doesn't like me being around her or Chandelier. I heard about Selene's few encounters with my fuck mate Catherine, which made it hard for me to know if it was me that Selene doesn't like or was it Catherine that she's just afraid of.

The game is important to Chandelier, I knew she can't afford to be late for the game as Selene's car wasn't helping matters. I smiled to myself,

Chandelier will definitely take my offer, she can't take chances.

"Will you be okay?" Chandelier asked Selene, who just nodded in response. "I'll just ride with Greg to the game. I'll call as soon as the game is over." Chandelier said, trying to get on Selene's good side.

"I'll come to your game as soon as my car is fixed. You don't think I'd miss your big match now, do you?" Selene beamed.

"Even better, we'll ride back home together." Chandelier squealed.

I don't care if Selene gets to take Chandelier home, all I need is one ride to the sport gym with Chandelier to be on her good side.

I told my guys that I'm gonna win this bet. I always get the girls we bet on first!

Selene pulled Chandelier into a hug and patted her back. They pulled away from the hug after a minute and Chandelier got out of the car and grabbed her backpack along. I led her to my car. I got into the driver seat and Chandelier got into the front passenger seat. I turned the key in the ignition and fastened my seat belt as did her. I drove back into the highway, Selene waved at us as we drove pass her.

We rode in silence for 5 minutes, I just kept my eyes on the road beside constantly nodding to the country music blasting from the radio. I didn't want Chandelier feeling uncomfortable or anything.