Chapter 97

Jonah's POV:

Daniel jumps out of the car and starts running.

"Mr. Seavey!" Our Chauffeur shouts.

"I'll go get him." I say. I get out of the car and start running after him.

"Daniel! You're going to hurt yourself!" I yell. But I know he doesn't care. He just runs. When I finally catch up to him, I grab his shirt, and pull him towards me.

"LET ME GO!" He yells.

"Daniel!" I yell, trying to contain him. "You need to calm down!" He struggles for a few more seconds then gives up. I let him go and he stands upright. "You'll never see her if you die." I say and grab his shoulder, leading him across the highway carefully. When we get to the front doors of the hospital, Daniel looks up at me with a questioning look.

"Go to her." I smile. He goes through the doors, running to her. I smile and follow him.

Daniels POV:

I walk into Emma's room and see her lay there. I walk up to her and grab her hand.

"Daniel..." she whispers.

"Shhh...don't talk." I cry and his her hand.

"Dani...I'm not...going to..."

"Please...don't leave me.." The guys come up behind me silently.

"I'll be with you...always.." Emma says. I hear someone yelling and running down the hallway. We all look and see Logan burst through the door.

"Emma!" He cries and goes to the other side of the bed as me.

"Dad..."

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have let you come. I love you so much. Don't leave me.." He cries.

"Take care of Noah..." she coughs.

"No...no don't say that." Logan cries. I sob along with him, as well as the boys.

"You're...a..great..dad." Emma smiles, now crying herself. Logan puts his head down on her bed and cries. He grabs her hand tightly.

"Em?" I hear a small voice say. It's Noah.

"Noah..." she smiles. "Come here." He crawls onto her bed and sits by her feet.

"I love you guys."

"Emma. We love you. So don't leave." Zach struggles to say.

"I'll miss you Rose, Emu, Corbear, Noodles, Dani..." She looks at me a smile. "Oh...my Dani boy...I'll always love you." She cups my jawline and I lean in for a kiss. I don't want it to end...

"Don't do this.." I bawl. "You can't leave. Who's going to teach me to love? Who's going to tell me all the constellations? Who's going to tell me really cheesy jokes? Who's going to be my future?" I ask.

"I don't know...you have to figure that out yourself." She smiles. I put her hand on my cheek. "I'll miss your kisses and hugs. I'll miss your goodnight texts. I'll miss your smile. Please smile again. Please keep singing. Keep inspiring people. For me."

"I will. I promise."

"Emma. Why? Why would you jump in front of me? You don't deserve this..." Jack says.

"Jack...you do so much for me. You keep me safe, you protect me...I had to do the same to you..."

"We don't deserve you..." He breaks down.

"I didn't deserve you guys."

"No...you deserved better." I say.

_____________________________________
Word Count: 535