Chapter 77

*Please Read Authors Note At End Of Chapter*

Emma's POV:

I sit down on a chair in the police department. I look over at Matthew and give him a look.

"How was I supposed to know that we would get caught?" He asks.

"You didn't even tell me that we were trespassing!" I whisper yell.

"I told you that we weren't supposed to be there."

"Yeah, but you didn't say it was illegal!! God, this is why I don't talk to strangers." I pout.

"Ms. Paul. Mr. Moore. Follow me please." A man says. As I get up, the cuffs on my wrist graze my skin, causing me to gasp.

"We'll be alright." Matthew assures.

§§§

"Emma Lee Paul Benson....I called your father. He will be here any minute. And as for you Matthew Howard Moore, since your parents are dead, we'll be keeping you for a while. You won't escape this time." The police officer says then walks away.

"I have so many questions." I state. "First of all, Howard?" I chuckle.

"Yes, my middle name is Howard. Laugh all you want." He rolls his eyes.

"What did he mean by 'you won't escape this time'?"

"I-uh....I may have been here before...for theft." He says nervously.

"What?! How many times before?"

"Six."

"Oh my god! I was doing a crime with a criminal and I didn't even know it! You actually could have killed me!" I exclaim.

"But I didn't."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask softly.

"Well, saying 'Hi I'm a criminal. I've been to jail six times the past two years' isn't really appealing to women." He explains.

"I came here as soon as possible. Em, are you okay?!" Logan asks and rushes over to me. I scoff and roll my eyes. "Em, don't be like that. Look, I'm sorry. I'm so so so so sorry. I didn't mean any of it. How can I make it right?"

"Well, unless you have a time machine and go back in time, I don't think you can." I say. "I thought I could trust you. I mean, you're my da-....you adopted me. We were so close. I know you've been going through a lot with vlogging and stuff. But what you said hurt. A lot. Imagine the worst things you think about yourself. Now how would you feel if the one person that you trusted the most not only thinks them too, but actually tells people about them." I say.

"I'm so sorry Emma..." Logan says.

"We're here!" Zach announces as he bursts through the door. All of the guys come flooding in the P.D at the same time.

"Hey." I smile, knowing that Daniel will make me feel better.

"So do you always just go around falling in love with other guys or what?" Daniel asks.

"Um, what?"

"You flirt with Jack, now you're fooling around with this Matthew guy that you know nothing about. What's next?" He asks.

"Daniel, I'm not fooling around with anyone. What are you talking about?"

"Oh, don't act dumb and innocent! I know you like Jack. It's so obvious and I'm mad at myself for not realizing you're a huge slut!" He yells.

"Daniel!" Jack exclaims.

"Dani....are you being blackmailed again?" I ask.

"No. This is for real."

"Daniel, I love you and only you. Jack is just my friend and I was just hanging out with Matthew because I was upset."

"Why didn't you call me? I mean, I'm your boyfriend." He says.

"Because, Zach told me that you thought I liked Jack. Which kind of sucked to hear, because I thought you trusted me. I would never do that to you. And I know you'd never do that to me." I explain. Daniel sighs and rolls his eyes.

"What about the time you almost kissed Zach? Yeah, I know about that!" He says.

"First of all, we were not dating at the time. Second of all, I backed away because I thought of you. I didn't kiss him because I knew it would hurt you."

"So.,,what? It wouldn't have stopped you if I didn't care?"

"Daniel. Come on. You can't be serious!"

"Yeah I am. You know what? Maybe we should just stop." He says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Maybe we should stop this relationship. It's not working out."

"How could you do this? I thought we were happy!" I yell.

"I'm not. I'm going to go."

"Fine with me!" I scream angrily.

"Fine." He shouts and leaves, slamming the door behind him. There's a long pause of silence.

"Daniel wait..." I put my hand on the doorknob when Zach stops me. I sit down in a chair and fidget with the hem of my shirt.

"Can we go look for him? He's probably going to do something stupid." Jonah asks.

"Yeah...that's fine. I'm okay." I say softly, trying to hide tears. Three of the boys leave.

"Will you be okay?" Jack asks as he crouches down in front of me.

"No." I break down and fall into his arms. Logan comes over and takes Jack's spot.

"Take care of her." Jack says to Logan.

"You know I will." Logan says and holds me tighter. Jack leaves then Logan says, "I'll be okay. We'll be okay." Then kissed the top of my head.

_____________________________________
Word Count: 893

A/N:
*IMPORTANT MESSAGE*
Okay, so I figured after this book, I'm going to write a book about a girl with Cancer. Her name is Jordan Burke. That's all I'm going to tell you right now, but I'm going to have a poll. I don't know who it's going to be about, so I need your help!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT WHO YOU WANT! Okay, here are your options:
1.) Daniel Seavey
2.) Jack Avery
3.) Zach Herron
4.) Corbyn Besson
5.) Jonah Marais
(Sorry for all those who want Logan, I just really want to write a book about one of the WDW boys!)
*End Of Important Message*

Today's shout out is 975wq234567890! (Why do you guys have such long user names!😫) Thank you for the support and love!!❤️❤️

QOTD:
If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be??

✌️
Kylie