Chapter 72

Jacks POV:

It's been over an hour since I left the house and no ones texted or called me.

"You want another one?" The waitress asks me, referring to my sweet tea.

"Sure." I sigh.

"Girl problems?" She asks while pouring more tea into my cup from a pitcher.

"Is it that obvious?" I chuckle. The little diner was vacant other than me.

"Pretty much. I wouldn't expect someone as handsome as you to have trouble with girls." She giggles.

"Thanks, I'm flattered." I say sarcastically.

"I'm guessing you get that a lot."

"You could say that."

"Mind if I join you real fast?" She asks.

"No, go ahead." I agree.

"So, Who's this girl?"

"My best friends girlfriend."

"Oh dude, come on! That's like the most cliche thing ever. Don't tell me you are actually in love with your best friends girlfriend." She laughs.

"I hate to say it, but I am." I sigh.

"Well, does girl like you?"

"Nope. Not at all."

"Wow. So...." she trails off, wanting to know my name.

"Jack. Jack Avery." I greet.

"Wait....I've heard of you. You're from that one band....Who Can't We?" She asks.

"Why Don't We." I correct.

"Why Don't We What?" She asks.

"No, why don't We is the name of our band." I snicker.

"Ooooh. Well don't I look foolish. Anyway, so Jack Avery, have you told this girl how you feel?" She asks.

"No. We just got in a fight actually and I got kicked out of my house." I explain.

"Oh damn, that bad? Well, maybe I can make you feel better. My shift ends in 15 minutes but no one comes in here anyways, so screw it." She says and takes off her apron.

"So what's this girls name?"

"Emma." I say.

"Ooh that's pretty. How do you know this girl?"

"Are you interrogating me?" I ask playfully.

"I just want details. So I can help." She smiles.

"I don't think you can." I say grimly.

"Well, lucky for you, I've been told I'm pretty fun." She brags.

"Oh really?" I chuckle.

"Yeah." She says.

"Okay, so you want to know the whole story? It's pretty long." I warn.

"As long as it's not boring." She says.

"Trust me, it's not." I smile.

Emma's POV:

"You okay?" Daniel asks.

"Honestly, no. I don't know what's wrong with him and I feel bad that I can't help him." I say, staring at the foggy mirror still holding my name on it.

"He will be back and he will apologize. Just give him time."

"Yeah I know that. I just...I know what's wrong with him. It just makes me upset he won't admit it." I say.

"What's wrong with him?" He asks.

"I don't know if I should tell you..."

"Come on." He says

"Okay, but don't get mad." I say. He nods his head.

"I think Jack may like me." I tell him.

"What?" He asks.

"I think Jack likes me-"

"I know what you said! I just...it doesn't make sense! Two of my best friends like you! What's next? My brothers? Jonah? Corbyn may even like you and he has a girlfriend!" Daniel exclaims.

"Babe...calm down, okay? You know I won't leave you, and I know that you're mad. But you know what we have to do." I say. He sighs and nods his head. "Okay, let's go find him."

Jacks POV:

"No way! Your friend did not wrestle an alligator!" She laughs.

"Yeah, he did! He also fought a bear and almost got mauled!" I cackle.

"He is crazy! Have you told him he's gonna get hurt?" She asks.

"Yes, a million times! The man doesn't listen!" I exclaim.

"Well Jack Avery, this was fun but unfortunately, we have to depart." She says and gets out of the booth. Just as she's about to leave I yell,

"Wait!"

"Yes Jack Avery?"

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Avery. Avery Jackson." She smiles.

"No way. I don't believe you." I say.

"Bet." She says and pulls out her drivers license.

"What are the odds?" I admire.

"I don't know. But I know the odds of me calling you are pretty good." She jokes.

"Nice pickup line. But I can do better." I say.

"You really think you can beat me?" She challenges.

"You're on! Is your name WiFi? Cause I'm really feeling a connection."

"Smooth. Don't tell me if you want to go on a date with me. Just smile for yes, do a backflip for no." She flirts.

"Nice." I smile.

"So I'm guessing that's a yes?" She winks.

"Yes, definitely. And, I'm pretty sure you won too." I laugh.

"I told you." She giggles. "Bye Jack Avery."

"Bye Avery Jackson."

And we part ways.

_____________________________________
Word Count: 794

A/N:
HEEEEYOOOO! Decided to do one more for the night! Just to make up for it! Ducklings, I'm exhausted. I'm so tired from the concert😂. The next shoutout goes to 12a345678b910 (hopefully I got that right😅) Thank you so much for the support!!! Anyway, I better go. Byeeee!

QOTD:
Who's your favorite character in this series? It can be anyone hat has been mention through the whole book!

✌️
Kylie