Chapter 69

January 31, 2018

Emma's POV:

This past week I've gone to rehab four times. Four times! I don't see the purpose though, because I'm not going to get better anytime soon. I can't walk at all anymore. There's barely any feeling in them. Kyle gets more flirtatious every time I see him. He's like 19, but I'm not into him...obviously. Things in the house have chilled a little bit. Other than the fact that the guys want to help me with everything I do. They are the sweetest, but I just want to do something myself for the first time since my coma.

We are currently at Buffalo Wild Wings. All of the boys are posting about their new song Trust Fund Baby. It comes out tomorrow and I can't wait to hear the full version if it. Daniel sang part of it to me in the hospital, but they hadn't finished it yet. But now, it's ready.

"And here comes all of the comments on my Instagram..." Daniel chuckles.

"And mine." Jack adds.

"Mine too." Zach, Jonah, and Corbyn say at the same time. We all share a laugh when all of the sudden it hits me....I've got to pee.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom." I say and scoot out of the booth to my wheelchair. I've gained so much arm strength, it's crazy.

"I'll come with you."Daniel insists.

"Babe, I'm fine. I can go to the bathroom." I assure. He gives me a worried look and I say, "I'll be fine."

As I cart my way over to the bathroom, a really sketchy guy comes out of the guys bathroom. He stares at me for a second, then looks away when we make eye contact. I manage to get into the stall and pull down my pants to do my business. I always leave my wheelchair outside of public stalls, because there's not enough room inside.

As I'm doing my business, someone walks in very quietly. They don't go in the stall or anything. I just hear some metal clank together and the bathroom door opening and closing. That was weird...After I'm finished with everything, I pull myself up with my arms on the metal bars and open the stall door. When I look to where I last had my wheelchair, it's gone. No one else is in the bathroom with me, and I left my phone at the table. I'm screwed.

Having my legs being weak, I've learned I can't stand on them for long periods of time because they will give out. But in my situation, what else am I supposed to do? I try to grab onto things so I can make my way to the door, but there is a huge gap between the stalls and the sinks. I try to take a risk and run, but instantly fall on the floor. So here I am, on the bathroom floor all alone, unable to walk. And, the emotional mess I am, I start crying because I feel like all hope is lost. It's weird how no one has to go to the bathroom. Usually, women's restrooms are full.

When I calm down, I try to think of a way I can get someone's attention. With my arms, I crawl over to the sinks and pull myself to my feet. I wait a minute to slow my breathing and heartbeat. Then, in one swift movement, I grab on to the doors handle bar. The door was too heavy for me to open without my leg strength, so I just continuously knock on the door over and over again. I do this for a couple minutes then realize: just scream. My voice is weak and I know it's going to be gone after I yell, but it's my only hope.

First, I just scream. The whole place goes dead silent

"HELP!!" I yell and bang on the bathroom door with my whole hand. My other hand is taking pressure off my feet by death gripping the handle bar.

Not even 30 seconds later, someone bursts open the door. I let go before they do and fall to the floor.

"Emma.." Daniel says softly. He holds me in his arms tighter than he ever has before.

"I'm alright now." I assure. People crowd around us, asking what happened.

"Nothing to see here." Jonah says and pushes people back.

§§§

After we find my wheelchair, we head back home.

"Well that was something." I chuckle once I get inside the Why Don't We house.

"Yeah, it was. See, this is why I need to come with you." Daniel says.

"I think I can manage. Besides, that was only one time. What are the chances of that happening again?" I ask.

"I just want to be there for you." Daniel says.

"But you are. You always are."

"Not always. Sometimes, I can't tuck you in at night, or help you places because I'm busy." He explains.

"Dani, you could be a million miles away and I would still love you. That's never going to change." I say sternly.

"I know, I just....want to be good enough. I want you to know that you can trust me no matter what." Daniel says.

"Unless you give me a reason not to trust you, I will always. No matter what. So what if we get in a little fight? Who cares if you aren't there for one thing? I'll always know that you love me. And you know I'll always love you." I assure.

"I know. I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry about. I love you." I say and wrap my arms around his neck, forcing me to stand on my tip-toes.

"I love you too." He says.

_____________________________________
Word Count: 964

A/N:
HEEEEYYYYOOOOOO DUCKLINGS! It's been too long!!! And I took forever on this chapter I'm sorry lol. Anyway, ITS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!! 14 AND FEELIN GOOD! So, I'm gonna start this thing where I give one shout out every chapter. So the first person I'm going to shout out is FatimaK33 (hopefully I got that right?) She is so supportive of every chapter and I've had really funny convos with her in the comments if you hadn't noticed already😂. She's so nice too! Thanks again!!

QOTD:
If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?

✌️
Kylie