1 - Life Turns Darker

Somehow, Chen Ming Yu is still alive.

She didn't see her own death but it feels like anytime, she will die. Especially every night when she's sleeping.

Every night she had a nightmare where everyone is dying around her and after that she will see her own self, standing straight and staring at her own.

Chen Ming Yu knew when was the first time she saw that pure black figure. It doesn't have any form of a human-like body, just pure blackness that followed people and looms around them. This black figure will suddenly appear beside the person like its own shadow.

It will wait for a second, a minute, an hour, or even for days, months and years. And if that black figure finally swallowed them...

they die.

It was so scary as Chen Ming Yu witnesses how that black figure devoured the person's soul. Even if the person died in a gunshot, by disease, by old age, by harming oneself and by any way a person died, it was always there. Looming around them like it is watching them. That large black figure, even though it doesn't have a body, only Chen Ming Yu knows that it was smiling devilishly.

Because that is what it was.

It was like death.

Wherever she is, it's death presence, the smell of death. She will witness that terrifying scene. A person's death with her own two eyes.

Why? Why can she see it?

Maybe they're right.

Maybe what they said is true.

Maybe she was truly a demon. A monster...after all, it wasn't normal to see death.

Maybe she was that cursed child in every scary book.

Or maybe...

She wasn't supposed to be born in this world...

Chen Ming Yu learns to live this dark life. She is now used to seeing this dark black figure that would swallow the people around her any minute.

A man once asked her. How long would it take for that black figure swallowed you for it, to devour one soul?

It follows you every time until it finally wants to devour your soul. It's a tick of a time.

A tick of a time...

It was unavoidable and unpredictable.

Every tick of a time. No one knew who's lifeline will be cut short.

The man didn't believe every word she said. She warned him. She warned them. But what she gets in return was a smacked in the face. They yell at her. Hit and beat her until she can't almost take a breath.

They branded her as a liar.

A curse.

A monster.

A demon.

The man died two days later because of his unforgivable and unreconcilable crime. He was beheaded in front of everyone.

After so many deaths. People feared it will be them next. They sought her, not to know when will they die, but to chase her out from their village. They chase her. Throw stones, rotten food, and even fire while screaming; 'monster', 'demon', and a 'curse child'.

Her life turns darker. She had thought that maybe if she warned them she could save these people with this 'ability'.

She was wrong. Very wrong.

The villagers believe that it was because of her that everything happens. They believe that it was her who cause everyone's death.

"She needs to leave this city! If she doesn't want to leave, kill her without mercy!"

Chen Ming Yu knew that her life is already miserable...

But now...

Her life turns in the fiery pits of hell...

Author's Note: Hi! This is Qianru, this is my first time and I hope you'll like it!