7 - Wrath of the Phoenix

"This primordial being will burn you to ashes!" The red with a blue lining feather roared and release a terrifying fire to all the mercenaries except the group of Lan Ke.

The golden Phoenix made a loud piercing shriek, causing all the mercenaries to growl in pain. Their hands covered their ears as it bleeds. Their faces are distorted and their eyes are beginning to bleed.

That golden Phoenix shriek is highly devastating.

Each and everyone's feels like their body is going to explode.

And in just a flash, a gory mess meets the eyes of the Mercenary Flame Demons.

The air is thick with blood.

And the mercenaries and the youth with several black-robed men behind him didn't even survive their deaths.

All their bones are crush into pieces.

Flesh scattered everywhere and some of the disgusting flesh splattered in the Flame Demons' bodies.

It was very shocking.

This scene will never forget by Lan Ke and his brothers.

Even though the others are dead. The two Phoenix are still rampaging. But this time, the golden Phoenix shrieks started to fade but was replace of weeping.

On the other side, Chen Ming Yu make a move to go closer to the Mercenary Flame Demons. And when this group of brawny men saw her, their eyes almost roll down from their socket.

The girl who was hit by the Snow Flaming Beast is standing right there in front of them, alive and kicking.

Her okay appearance makes these stoic brawny men almost vomit in blood. Compare to their appearance who's got their hands and feet full of bandages, Chen Ming Yu don't have any wounds on her body.

What is happening?

They definitely saw her got heavily hit by the beast humongous arms of the Snow Flaming Beast, but her appearance greatly differs from what they thought.

"Let's go."

"Little girl, what are you doing...here?"

"To let you go home. That guy is planning to sacrifice all of you for him to steal the egg. Serves him right." Chen Ming Yu was smirking as she looks around the gory flesh of the dead mercenaries and that youth.

"Ahh~ I'm tired, gonna go home and have my rest and start my journey tomorrow. 50,000 gold coins are not enough for me. I should find more money."

Lan Ke and the other Mercenary Flame Demons wants to vomit blood as soon as they heard Chen Ming Yu says that 50,000 gold coins are not enough for herself.

Little girl, this money is enough for our family to used for a year or two.

They started their journey back home. Chen Ming Yu was staring outside the carriage with a bored expression on her face while the little Phoenix sleeping at the top of her head.

What am I going to do with this little phoenix? Should I really take care of it?

I really should.

Little Red's parents entrusted him to me. Or else, I will be the one who faces the wrath of the Phoenix...

"Little girl, we've been traveling together for a while but I still don't know your name."

"Chen Ming Yu."

"Ah, Chen Ming Yu. Then you can call me Lan Ke. And this two brothers of mine are Wan Cou (right) and Shu Lei (left)"

Chen Ming Yu nodded at them.

"Miss Chen, how old are you?" Shu Lei asked embarrassed. For this brawny men, it's rude to ask a maiden's age. In fact, Shu Lei is just 21 years old, had a good looking countenance. And his body can be considered as well-built not too much of a muscle man.

"Hey! Shu Lei!" Wan Cou looked at him with a conveying message that says 'you're being rude.'

"I'm just curious."

Chen Ming Yu looked at the two men fighting like children and a small melodious laugh escape from her lips.

The three brawny men looked at Chen Ming Yu's small face with a hint of surprise on their faces.

"I'm 17, Brother Lei."

Shu Lei became stiff and all the blood from his body rushed through his head, making his face appear to be red as a tomato when he heard Chen Ming Yu call him 'Brother Lei.' That feeling...

"Ignore this man, Miss Chen. This is the first time Shu Lei interact with the opposite sex that's why he doesn't really know how to talk to a woman. Pardon him for asking your age." Wan Cou said while laughing.

"Oh? This is the first time Brother Lei talk to a girl? Why is that? Is he shy? Brother Lei looks quite attractive. I'm sure girls out there fancy him."

And then again, Shu Lei turns red and almost got a nosebleed.

Girls fancy him? He wishes!

But he wishes more is to love a woman who will only look at him and love him...

"So, tell me. Why did you take the expedition? Is it really just for money?"

"Yes. I need money to go to Zephyrus Continent."

"That's really far from here. Since we're going on the same route, you should join us."

"Head is right. Join us go back home."

"You all from Zephyrus?"

"No. We're in the middle of Eurus and Boreas continent. We're not a four side nation but a 7 sides nation. We are in between of east and north side, the Spring continent."

"I thought there are only 4 nations. I didn't know that there are three more nations."

"You're not the type of person who gets out, no?" Wan Cou

"No." Chen Ming Yu answer while frowning.

"Ugh." This girl is too honest. Wan Cou thought.

"There are four nations. Two in between nation and one center region. The four sides are the; Boreas continent, in the North. Zephyrus continent in the West. Notus continent, the South, and Eurus continent here in the East. The two nation in between is the Winter continent, which is the continent between the West and the South. And the Spring continent is between the East and the North. And all around this six nations is surrounding the biggest continent. The Aither Continent." Lan Ke patiently explains to Chen Ming Yu while sketching a map for her to fully understand.

"I understand. I guess I should stop first in the Spring continent. I have a feeling that going there is fun."

I want to see the world outside the Eurus Continent. With this journey, I promise to let go of my terrifying past behind this continent.

Chen Ming Yu subconsciously touch her right eye, the one with an eye patch.

It was a good idea that I blinded this eye. Losing this sight, I can't see that black figure anymore and I'm free with nightmares.

Without this right eye, can I have and make friends now?

The three men quietly stared at Chen Ming Yu touching her eye patch. And a trace of a sad smile spread across her face.

She must have a rough past behind her. Thoughts of the three brawny men.