16 - Invitation (2)

Our master is really a great person! She even thank a mere guard like me. Thought of the guard before leaving.

Chen Ming Yu open the letter.

"General Gu is inviting you to a celebratory party? They must have known already that you defeated Wang Yu."

"I don't care about this kind of stuff." Chen Ming Yu threw the paper and continue eating.

"General Gu is not really a good person. I much prefer General Xu. Oh yeah. There are two generals on this continent. General Gu is the people of the government and General Xu was an independent one. He helps base on his principles not on orders while General Gu was much more like the government's lackey. He follows orders from the government."

"Really?"

"Yeah. These two general really hated each other. General Xu is my father's friend. They treat each other as brothers that's why I really like him. With the government's people, they will know that you're the one who killed Wang Yu. And I'm sure, the Government wants you to be on their side. And the lackey had made his move to invite you."

"Heh." Chen Ming Yu snorted. "People like them really disgust me."

"We're not going?"

"For what?"

"Of course for food! It's free!"

"Fine. I will also see what kind of mask that General Gu would wear."

"I also want to see how high is his shamelessness." Lan Bao laughs like a villain. Chen Ming Yu looked at her like she was some kind of weird guy in the street so she stopped laughing immediately.

My friend...you have no humor at all.

An hour later, before the celebratory party...

"Ming Yu, what are you wearing?" Lan Bao saw Chen Ming Yu dressed in a simple and plain white-robed.

"What? Is there something wrong with this?"

"Yes, it is! You have to pamper yourself more. You have to be grand on your self." And even though you weren't wearing any powder you're still beautiful. Lan Bao keeps the last sentence to herself.

"Sorry, I don't do grand. Simple is my style." Chen Ming Yu walked out in the room to call for the Monster Trio. She gave Ji Xia a dozen of pills and explain what its uses to them.

Lan Bao eyes are turning bigger as she heard the words coming out from her friend's lips.

That's a bunch of expensive and rare pills and she's giving it to her people for free!

Lan Bao felt fainting.

"Tell them to cultivate diligently. I don't want any useless person as my people. Got it?"

"Yes, master."

Master, why are you so generous? The Monster Trio asked themselves and quickly leave to do their master's order.

"Lan Bao, let's go. Is the invitation already in your hands?"

"Yes. I have it. Let's go to the General's manor."

The General's Manor was packed with people. All are born aristocrats. They're just here to witness a genius that kills Wang Yu. A silver spirit fighter.

They heard the one who killed him is the new owner of one of the biggest Manor in the continent. A young woman. Noble families want to see what kind of genius Wang Yu provoked this time. And some noble families wanted to meet Chen Ming Yu for their own benefits and made use of their son to lure her in their side.