4 - Raid (1)

The several black robe men behind the youth began distributing the 50,000 gold coins to all mercenaries.

Chen Ming Yu's eyes lit up as she saw the sack of gold in her hands.

Now, this is what we called easy money, people!

Chen Ming Yu put the money in her space ring that was given to her by his adopted grandfather when he was still alive.

Her adopted grandfather was a blacksmith and the sword in her back was forge by her grandfather.

It was his last memoir.

Her grandmother was a female general in her prime. A dignified woman that Chen Ming Yu greatly admired. Even though she was old, she always has that vibe as a general.

Later on, they started their journey and Chen Ming Yu was inside a carriage with the Flame Demon Mercenary Head with his right and left-hand men staring at her like this was the first time they saw a girl participating in their journey. Which is in fact, true. But Chen Ming Yu didn't know this.

"Little girl, why make yourself suffer? " The Mercenary Head asked worriedly.

"I am doing this for money just like you all. But I can handle myself so don't make yourself worry at a stranger like me. Besides, I'm not like those little girls who love to observe flowers with a smile on their face. And this little girl knew already what suffering is ever since I was born."

The Mercenary Head and the two men fell silent as they stared at the young girl in front of them.

Her blue eyes are as deep as the ocean and that eye patch she's wearing must have seen sufferings a lot for such a young age like her to lost her one sight.

Their view of her change with just a few words from her. The reluctance in their heart became highly aware and didn't take the little girl as a weakling.

The journey had been smooth and all the mercenary made a stop to stay for the night in a plain large area in the middle of the mountain.

Chen Ming Yu find herself a rock for her to sit down. She takes out a dried portion of meat and eats silently without a care as if all those brawny men weren't there.

All the brawny men and the Mercenary Flame Demon observe her every action. The leader of the several black-robed men also looks at Chen Ming Yu with narrowed eyes. He can't think that a girl like her would be able to survive if she doesn't have any fighting abilities. And he doesn't saw her as the girl who easily got frightened. There's more to her than meets the eye.

Especially that she's wearing an eye-patch. She must have a tough road in the past and luckily she survived.

A person like her should never be looked down upon.

"Investigate her."

"Yes, my Lord."

I want to know who's this girl is...

Chen Ming Yu was deeply aware of the stares that were given to her but she doesn't care about what they think. Right now, she's keeping her guard up as the sky is getting darker. She clearly remembers that this mountain is very dangerous. And the journey is very smooth that it is almost fishy.

She closes her eyes and listens to her surroundings very carefully. Suddenly she stood up and sheathed her sword. Everyone looked at her with furrowed brows, their guard is up as they wait for the little girl to move at them but...

Chen Ming Yu didn't move, instead, she stood there ready to fight and her words made the men stupefied.

"Monsters...Beast... Prepare yourself! They're coming!"

In an instant, the ground started to shake uncontrollably and an army of monster and beast suddenly appear on sight. All of them immediately sheathed their swords, bring out their weapons and summon their guardian beast to prepare for a bloody battle.

A certain youth looked at her and no one knows what he's thinking. A flash of light pass through his eyes and his lips hooked up in a smile.

This girl... She's no ordinary...

"My lord...This girl. Should we kill her?" The man behind the youth asked.

The youth look at him with unidentifiable light and a smile creep into his handsome face.

"Prepare for battle."

Let see what the girl can do...

Author on the side watching: Ming Yu, you're being observe >.<