29 - Battle of Honor (2)

That Hou Fou will surely be dead if we enter the academy. He should not have provoked the person who he should not provoke.

"Why don't you cultivate more, Dei Min. There's a 90 percent chance that you will have to fight a purple and silver spirit. I will give you a pill that can break you through to another level."

"Thank you, Ming Yu. I will now return to my room and cultivate."

"Good. Only by becoming stronger you can avenge your sister." Her voice faded when she disappeared from his sight.

Ming Yu was right. The only way to exact my revenge is by only becoming more stronger than the person who killed my sister and my family.

Night has fallen. Chen Ming Yu was sitting in the rooftop of the inn he rented. She was looking at the moon. When she had remembered something, the scenery change. Fire, shouts, weapons, blood...

"I'm sorry, Yu'er. This will hurt a bit. Mother is doing this for your own good. Mother doesn't want you to remember this forbidding scene."

The scenery changes back to the bright and big moon in the sky.

Her head is in pain again.

"What the hell was that?"

(Kekeke, it's you Ming Yu. It's your story before coming in this realm.)

"Shut up! I've only created you in my mind. You're not real."

(Oh, Ming Yu. How many times do I have to tell you? That we are one? I'm you. Body, mind, and soul.)

"Stop pestering me and disappear."

The voice gives a terrifying laugh in Chen Ming Yu's mind.

(Ming Yu, I'm part of your body. I won't disappear. Soon, we will become one as fate had already bound you from me.)

The voice faded and the pain in her head lessen.

Suddenly, Chen Ming Yu heard something from the air.

"Resist yourself. Conquer her."

The voice was gentle and worried.

Who is this man?

"Why can't you show yourself to me? If you're a man, show yourself!"

"This is not the right time for us to meet, my Lady."

And again, just like that. The voice faded.

Are these voices real? Or is she going insane?

A thousand people ascended the Heavenly Mountain. Some of them are excited and some of them are nervous asking themselves if they are going to get killed today in the competition.

At the end of this competition. They will get the best benefits on their life. Or so they thought.

"What number did you get guys?" Feng Bai asked nervously.

"26" Jun Xi answered.

"3" Yu Gi replied.

"I picked the number 10. I hope she wasn't my opponent." Feng Bai said. Her gaze landing on the girl she had admired since she saw her.

"Relax, Feng Bai. She's not your opponent. Her draw number is 2." Yu Gi breathed a sigh of relief.

"What? Number 2? This is bad. I saw 20-50 people draw lots of numbers 2" Jun Xi was greatly surprised. You're lucky if you only have 5-10 opponents. The number lots are so random. Only her number had a greater number of opponents.

"Does that mean that she will fight 10 matches a day? This competition will only last for 5 days."

"What's worst. If the competitors decided to team up together on the first day...I can't imagine what her end will be."

Jun Xi, Yu Gi, and Feng Bai became silent. Their opponents are less compared to her. Jun Xi and Yu Gi only had 15 opponents and Feng Bai only had 10.

The gate in the Zephyr Academy opens and dashing men in their 30's appeared. One is wielding a huge sword and the three others didn't have any weapons.

Chen Ming Yu's eyes flashed with an unknown light. Her eyes sharp and cold. Dei Min beside her is also the same. His eyes locked in the 4 men standing in the gate. His hand curled into balls because of anger.

"Welcome to Zephyr everyone! Today is the opening of the Battle of Honor. I hope you can give us a good show!" The man who spoke was clad in green. Even his long hair is green. He carried the air of arrogance.

"Show your skills in the arena and made the guild master choose you!" He continued. All the way, his face carried a smile. In fact, he was the only one smiling while the other three are frowning.

So, this is the 4 guild's master. The one wielding the sword must be Lan Bao's guild master. The man clad in green, just like the color of snakes must be the guild master of Basilisk. The one with a colorful mask is the master of the Blood Crusaders and the last man to the right is obviously the guild master of Golden Sun.

A smile yet not a smile showed in Chen Ming Yu's face.

The man wearing the colorful mask is the strongest. Next is the Knight Wolves master. Followed by the Basilisk and Golden Sun.

Blood Crusader's guild master was emitting power that is compared to her. The man is not so simple.