20 - Is this their master?

Previously:

"Observe and kill!!!"

"Yes. my Lord."

If I kill her first, then I have nothing to worry about.

When the little Phoenix saw Chen Ming Yu's face it was greatly frightened from shock when it saw the dried blood and the vicious wound in her eyes.

It's small wings flap as it flew to Chen Ming Yu's lap.

"Chirp chirp chirp!!!" (What did you do to yourself?!)

"Little Red, are you worried?" She asked smilingly at the bird.

"Chirp? Chirp chirp chirp!" (What? Of course, I'm worried!)

"Little Red answer me. Why did you decide to go with me instead of staying with your parents?"

"What can I do? You accidentally form a contract with me with your blood."

Huh? Did Little Red talk human tongue?

"When father brought you home. He put you down beside me. Your blood flows slowly on my shell. I wasn't supposed to hatch that day, you know. When you were leaving that day, I feel a sense of loss. I didn't want to go with you at first. But you are my mistress and I'm your contracted beast. We will be together until you die."

"Hmmp! Such a puny beast is my contract beast?" Chen Ming Yu said seriously. But in actual fact, to her, she was actually teasing the little phoenix.

"Hey! You dare to say I'm small and weak? How dare you! Woman, even if I'm small, I'm strong! Watch me till I become an adult, currently, I'm still 10 years old. I don't want to show you my human form right now. I don't want to be called 'cute'. I prefer handsome." The little Phoenix said, his eyes brightening with excitement. He cannot wait to grow as a handsome young man who can ruin cities just like his father.

"I'm just teasing little Red."

Hearing that, the little Phoenix almost falls down from the bed.

Teasing? How could you call that teasing?

"Let's take a stroll, Little Red."

"En."

"It's kinda weird when you talk human tongue with the way you look right now. Why not do the bird's tongue again. I can still understand you." Chen Ming Yu said and smiled sheepishly at the little phoenix. The little Phoenix, on the other hand, felt like his whole being falling into the abyss.

How can this girl, who have a cold personality can smile so sheepishly? Is this really my mistress?

"I'll wash my face and change my clothes first. Wait for me."

After 5 minutes.

Chen Ming Yu exit her room with the little Phoenix in her shoulder. Ji Xia and his two brothers pay their respects to her. Although they heard some noise last night inside her room they didn't dare to ask her to avoid offending her.

"Master, your food is ready."

"I'm not going to eat. I'm going out. Is Lan Bao better?"

"Yes. She's currently in her room recuperating."

"Good. Ji Xia, accompany me take a stroll. Ji Chen and Ji Xu stay here. If something happens, deal with it." She said and turn away. She pats Little Red's head and smiled innocently.

When Ji Xia saw that smile he can't help but smile too.

His master is still just a little girl. It's rare to see their master smiled so innocently. How good would it be if their master would smile like this every day?

"Why are you smiling idiotly?"

"Huh? Master?" Ji Xia looked back to his master. Chen Ming Yu had already revert back to her original demeanor.

"N-nothing, master."

"I'm just teasing you." She laughed.

"Let's go."

Is this their master? Wait! What did the master say?

T-teasing? Is that teasing? Is that really teasing? Hey you! Yes, you! Is that teasing? Answer me!!

Master made me almost vomit blood when she gave me the look and said I was smiling idiotly. If I remember correctly, my brothers used to tell me that I smile so handsomely. They lie!

"Hey! Ji Xia! What are you doing standing there! Come on! Do you want this master to wait for you?"

"Master, punish this servant for making you wait."

"Rise. You're one of my own. So why should I punish you? Let's go. The day is too beautiful, Little Red and I wanted to take a stroll in the city."

"Ma-master?"

What is the master saying? I should be punished because I made her wait. Master is so different from last night. It feels really weird. I should tell my brothers what happen today.

But who would have thought, that Chen Ming Yu is smiling like that because she was happy? She's happy and excited that she already has a guardian beast in her side? She's not even a bit disappointed that her contracted beast is small. There is a time, that her beast will become the guardian beast she expects Little Red to be.