22 - Dei Min's Visit

"Greetings to the master. A man named Dei Min had appeared in the gate."

"Dei Min? Let him in."

"Yes."

Chen Ming Yu and Lan Bao were in the tea room when they heard that Dei Min is in front of their Chen Manor early in the morning.

A blue-robed man enters their sights. His almost perfect appearance had an air of laziness. All the color of their surroundings faded when his eyes brighten.

When Dei Min arrived in the tea room. Two girls were sitting and drinking tea, but his attention was grabbed by the girl wearing an eye-patch.

Her smooth and snow white skin glows that made him remember the great girl named Chen Yu in the banquet.

Could it possible that this girl is Chen Yu?

"Mister Dei, have a seat." Cold in her voice. Chen Ming Yu said looking at Dei Min with indifference.

"Thanks."

"How come you are paying our Chen Manor a visit, Dei Min?" Lan Bao asked, imitating Chen Ming Yu's attitude towards Dei Min.

"I actually came here for you, Miss Lan. I remember that you were a student in Zephyr. What are you doing here?"

"I don't want to answer that. Are you participating in the upcoming Battle of Honor?"

"Yes, and I would like to ask Miss Lan for some pointers."

Lan Bao looked at Chen Ming Yu for a second. She didn't answer Dei Min immediately. Instead, she just drinks her tea silently before answering.

"I can only give you a small advice. I'm not an expert or something but I'm just stating the facts. Even though I became a student in Zephyr, people inside treat me like the lowest. If you don't have the confidence, then don't go. If you are not strong enough, then don't go. Zephyr is different from last year." Lan Bao said looking seriously at Dei Min. Her big round eyes slightly squinted.

Dei Min sighed dejectedly.

Chen Ming Yu was all quiet after Lan Bao speaks, put down her tea and spoke.

"If you really want to win the competition and successfully enter a guild, I will allow you to train with us for a week. After that, we will go to Zephyrus together. Do you accept?"

"Yes! I accept!" Dei Min said without any hesitation. Then Chen Ming Yu throw a small thing from him and when he grasped it. A red pill was on his hand.

"Eat it. It will remove any impurities in your blood and bones, and strengthen your body."

Without any questions, Dei Min eat the pill and a painful feeling enter his body. Beads of perspiration made his blue-robed wet and a stinking smell spread in the air.

"What is that black liquid?" Lan Bao asked Chen Ming Yu when she saw the black liquid coming out from his body.

"That is impurities that came from his blood and bones." She answered and narrowed her eyes.

"Mister Dei, did someone poison you?" Chen Ming Yu asked. She notices that something was mixed from the black liquid. A purplish color.

She can tell just by looking from this black liquid?

Dei Min nodded. With some difficulty, he said:

"Last year, my opponent had scheme against me. One of the reasons that I wanted to enter the Zephyr is to get revenge on him. I didn't know he knows poison, after all, I trusted him. He was my friend that I met on the way to Zephyrus. Well, I'm an idiot. I'm the only one who thinks our friendship was real. The reason he wanted to get close to me was to eliminate me immediately. He said I was a threat. Out of thousands, only a hundred can successfully enter the 4 guilds. And I really wanted to enter one."

"Mister Dei, for a split second, your eyes revealed the truth. Your eyes showed deep hatred. I'm sure that there's more to it than meets the eye. Tell me, what is the matter. Since you enter my manor without any malice I will consider you as my friend. I will definitely help you with your plan if you tell me the truth."

"It's your lucky day, Dei Min!" Lan Bao gazed at Dei Min smilingly.

At first, Dei Min was hesitant, to tell the truth, but in the end, he decided to tell them everything.

"My deceased father once told me, that one of them killed my sister...I wanted to take revenge! For a spot, they take my sister's life! Even though I didn't meet her, we have the same blood running through our veins! I'm all alone...All alone. The only Dei in the Dei Family."

"My grandparents died! My parents died seeking justice! Even I, too, died. If I can take revenge that's all I asked for. Nothing else."

Chen Ming Yu and Lan Bao were gone quiet. The maid who is pouring the tea stop and stood quietly at the side.

The three women looked at Dei Min who's head is already downcast. Chen Ming Yu moved her fingers to the maid for her to get closer. She leans closer to Chen Ming Yu and nodded before turning away.

"I already ordered someone to prepare a room and clothes for you. My men will lead you to your room. A warm bath is waiting for you."

"Yun Li[1], go and escort him to his room."

Yun Li nodded and help Dei Min to stand up. After taking that pill, Yun Li knows that the young man's knees are jelly from all the pain earlier that his knees turn numb for an hour.

What made Yun Li greatly admired Dei Min is that the young man didn't even moan from the pain. He instead keeps talking like it didn't bother him. Their master who also took the same pill, groan a little. While some of them, who are already grown in age holler like a pig as if getting butcher for an entire hour.

How humiliating...

"This is your room, young master Dei Min. If you need any help you can call me. My name is Yun Li."

"Thanks. But I think I'm good."

Dei Min enters his room after thanking Yun Li. A warm bath is already there and a blue simple robe was neatly placed in bed.

Inside the tea room...

The two girls continue their tea party. Lan Bao drinks her tea like Chen Ming Yu. Imitating her graceful moves every moment.

The maid wanted to laugh at Lan Bao's action but stop herself and just smiled. Chen Ming Yu who is silently drinking her tea also notices Lan Bao imitating her. Her eyebrows curve slightly upward, placing her cup in her lips so that no one will see her smile.

"So that is Dei Min. A man that lives his life for revenge." Chen Ming Yu spoke as her palm calmly propped under her chin. She looks lazily at Lan Bao.

"I was actually surprised. I didn't know about it and no one ever tells me. I just know that he's alone, living in a big manor with his servants. No one knows what happened to his family. When someone wanted to ask about his family, he will ignore the person or roared at them in anger, so no one really bothers about his family anymore. All the nobles said that his family is traveling for a faraway place and died. He became the laughing stock of the aristocrats after his big defeat in the Battle of Honor last year. The scoundrel aristocrats thought that he is weak that is why no one dared to bully him. Those scoundrels said that it's a waste of their time. I thank the Gods and the Buddha's that they are idiots." Lan Bao laughs and sipped her tea.

"Are you going to help him?"

"Of course. I already treated him as a friend. It won't hurt to help a little." Chen Ming Yu's lips hooked up into a cold smile.

[Yun Li is Yun Su's husband. The woman Chen Ming Yu saves in Chapter 14.]