13 - Building her own people

"Leader! Why did you accept it!"

"Your life is more important. Your family needs you."

"We're following a little lass now?!"

"What if she's just a little girl?!" The leader angrily roars at his men.

"That lass isn't ordinary. She broke my fist through my shoulder with her small fist. It's clear that she was stronger than me. She was stronger than our boss. I believe that if we follow her we can get away from the clutch of that evil boss." He said, remembering all the past sufferings they get because of their boss. He clenched his fist in anger.

"Our boss thinks he's the most powerful? He didn't even meet this girl! Let's go and go with her. I will thicken my skin and asked her for a favor."

"Yes, leader."

After the coast is clear, the slave who did not escape came out. Number 3 also emerges from his hiding spot. He looked at Chen Ming Yu and an unknown light flashed through his eyes. No one knows what he is thinking.

"All of you, follow me."

Lan Bao came closer to Chen Ming Yu and followed her outside the Black Colosseum that is now half destroyed.

"Where did you buy my manor, Lan Bao?"

"I buy one of the biggest manors in the entire continent. The manor is closer to our mercenary headquarters. Maybe a lot of them (slaves) will enter our mercenary group to have a proper job."

"No need for that. I have a plan for them."

Chen Ming Yu, Lan Bao, and the others arrived at the new manor. Just like Lan Bao said, it is one of the biggest manors in the continent.

People who saw Chen Ming Yu with quite a number of slaves behind her, the people already thought that a child like her is a nouveau riche.

They heard from others that someone buys the manor with ingots of gold. They also notice the busyness of the people in the fabric store and some of the market's business were completely wipe out. Someone also saw Lan Bao hiring one of the amazing cooks in the Spring Continent. Moreover, she also ordered a large amount of food in some of the restaurants. And all of the orders are going in the same location. In the newly buy manor.

Chen Ming Yu stop walking when they enter the gate. She turns around and her eyes landed on each and everyone.

The slaves involuntarily shrunk their head.

"Just like I told you earlier, I will give you freedom in exchange of being my people. Those who don't want to follow me can now exit, the door is wide open. And those who want, remain here. I can't give you everything but as long all of you can become my ally, I can give you strength."

"There is only one thing I want. And that is loyalty. If someone betrays me, I will make you experience life worst than death!"

Experience life worst than death!

Who would want that?

"I, Chen Ming Yu, will never take back her words!"

With that declaration. All the slaves immediately kneeled down to her.

"Master! We will never betray you!"

Lan Bao who is watching on the side smiled. It was just her first day here in the Spring Continent but Chen Ming Yu had already built her people.

Admiration flashed on Lan Bao's eyes.

If I were a man, I will definitely fall in love with this girl!

"Lan Bao gave all the women, old, children a room. Also, bring them some foods and clothes. I will wait here."

"Yes."

"Number 3 and the other two besides you. Come here."

"Master, these are my brothers. Ji Chen and Ji Xu." Number three introduces.

"Greetings to master." Ji Chen and Ji Xu cupped their fist to pay their respect. Chen Ming Yu nodded for acknowledgment.

"The three of you are in the indigo spirit? Not bad. Anyway, what's your real name number three?"

"I'm...Ji Xia, the youngest of the three, master." Number three made his obeisance.

"From now on, the three of you will be called "Monster Trio." I want you to build an organization, and when the time will meet again. Make sure that you have already gotten stronger and had the organization I expect you to build."

What does master mean about the time will meet again?

Is she...going to leave us?

No!

"Master, what do you mean about the time will meet again?" Ji Xia (Number three) asked but Chen Ming Yu didn't answer instead she said "Gather the men in the assembly hall. We will start our training tomorrow!"

I only have three weeks here to stay before I go to the Zephyrus. I must leave these people stronger.

Her voice that is loud and clear was heard by all the men. Her words made them become nervous.

Training? What kind of training?

"No one will remain inside their rooms, tomorrow! Or else, you will get punished!"

"Yes, master."

"Lan Bao." Chen Ming Yu called when she sees Lan Bao followed by women and children that are age 12-15 years old.

"I let all the old stay in their room, Ming Yu. What are we going to do about them?"

"Made them do some task like planting vegetables and herbs. When are you going back to Zephyrus?" She asked.

"The day when the Battle of Honor starts. Are you participating?"

"Yes."

"But how about them? Who will look for them if we're gone?"

"I'll assign someone or ask your father this favor."

"Tomorrow, gather this women and children in the assembly. I'll let them train tomorrow."

"Train for what?"

"For becoming stronger. To have the ability to defend themselves."

"I will help you."

"Thanks. Help me lead these men to their room."

"Master, Let us help you. We already knew the way here in the manor after Miss Lan tours us."

"Sure, if you want to."

Our master is so kind! She didn't treat us slaves like a pig! She even gives us a room to stay, comfortable clothes and delicious food to eat. This is already heaven for people like us.

"All of you are now dismissed. We will assign you to your room."

All of them followed Chen Ming Yu and Lan Bao. They looked at the two small backs walking in front of them.

One had a face so cold.

And the other one had a natural expression.

Their master is the girl who's face are cold. Had a very distant and cold aura but at the same time, those who experience her kindness feels greatly secure.

Her dignified aura made them kneel and looked up to her. It was like...natural that they bow their head and pay their respect.

Children, women and young men looked at Chen Ming Yu with adoration in their eyes while the old, who had strong bones and some middle-aged man looked at her respectfully.

In their eyes, this girl is their own revered one.

A light.

A God.

And Chen Ming Yu didn't even know what these people think about her.