39 - Slightly Different

Chapter 39: Slightly Different

Chen Ming Yu open her eyes. For a moment, she lied on the bed, not moving and stared dazedly at the ceiling.

A bitter smile form on her lips.

Not strong enough to defeat my enemy?

I came from a special tribe? A strong tribe?

Yes, he was right. I came from a tribe called Eye. We face a lot of danger because of that, but at the same time grew even stronger. The other huge clans feared us. My tribe killed evil people, killed every monsters and beast, and most of all killed those things that other people cannot even see...In order to protect those who can't protect themselves.

But why would they want to eliminate us?

Why would the strongest tribe suffer calamity?

Oh, right. I remembered.

It all ends up because of me.

Because of my illness, my parents defied the gods and the heavens to get that special blood to heal me.

Just because of that...they destroyed my family...my home...

When I drank the blood, I was healed. But something is different. Something is growing inside of me. Is it a bad thing? or a good thing? For now, I don't care.

Chen Ming Yu slowly sat up. Her whole body filled with a heart-rending and flesh rupturing severe pain. However, this didn't make her the slightest bit in pain, on the contrary, she felt glad.

(You overdid yourself there, Ming Yu. But I like it. I feel the hatred.)

"Shut up."

(Did you hear what he said? You're strong but not enough to defeat your enemy. Soon, when we come fully one. No one can stop us.)

(Ming Yu, you're such a big-hearted girl. If they hurt you, they hurt me too. After all, I'm part of you. I'm the blood that gives you life. You don't need to fear anything. You don't need to be scared of your own bad and darkest self. You were born like this. You were the girl who will end everything to the things they started. You will come back to the nether realm, and when that time comes we will completely one. We'll become whole. And you'll become the strongest person in the whole three realms.)

The voice faded and silence engulfed Chen Ming Yu completely. She got off from her bed and walk outside the bamboo house. She didn't saw the five animals. She only saw half of the dark forest destroyed because of her. The other half is still intact but the black mist is all gone.

Chen Ming Yu suddenly smiled. The heaviness in her heart disappeared.

"I'm not a monster, I'm not a curse, I'm not a devil! I'm not the reason why the soul devourers are here in this world!"

But today, I need to finish the mission! Eliminate all the monsters and beasts!

She clenches her fist in determination.

I just need to use all my strength to finish it!

"Maybe Lan Bao and the others went further in the forest. I need to follow them. They must not keep me in the fun!"

And just like that Chen Ming Yu run in the forest happily.

Chirp chirp chirp? (What's wrong with the mistress? Is she possess? Well, anyways, let's not get worried if she's possess. Today, she looks happy, light and very warm. *falls asleep* )

Let's get back a little bit in time...

Inside a secret room in Zephyr Academy. An elder with a very long beard angrily stared at the black-robed man beneath him. He can't believe what he has heard.

"Are you saying that Chen Ming Yu defeated the black formed soul devourer?"

"Yes, my Lord."

"And you witness how she destroyed half of the dark forest?"

"Yes, my Lord. The little brat is so strong, whenever she attacks, it's almost as if she splits the wind. But my Lord, I think the little brat doesn't even know it."

"Hmmm...Not bad, not bad. I wanted to see more. Go and observe her more. I need the reports in details."

"Yes."

The elder rubbed his white beard and a cunning smile appeared on his elderly face.

That girl...if my men are saying the truth. Maybe I can use her.