6 - The Little Phoenix

Chen Ming Yu's consciousness is already wide awake but there is something wrong about her eyes.

She cannot open it! There is something heavy in her face that made her unable to open her eyes.

Suddenly she heard an exclamation. And the heavy thing in her face quickly disappears.

Gently, she opens her eyes to find a pair of big doe sparkling eyes.

"Chirp chirp chirp~"

"What's wrong, my wife?!" Suddenly a handsome man emerges. And that's when Chen Ming Yu's eyes meet the two stunning people that can ruin any cities.

"Our child... Our child. "

Child? What child? This bird?

"What did you do?!"

"Chirp chirp chirp!!!!" The little bird chirps aggressively as if ready to fight the beautiful man in front of it. Protecting Chen Ming Yu behind it.

"Husband, the little girl didn't do anything bad. It's just that, our child wasn't supposed to hatch today. And it seems like our child treated this little girl as its mother." The beautiful woman started to weep as she stared at the little Phoenix protecting Chen Ming Yu from its angry father.

Chen Ming Yu doesn't know what to do. She quickly stands up and gently grabs the little Phoenix to give it to her mother.

She also notices that her body is light and her injuries are fully healed. What happened? She remembered yesterday that she definitely had serious wounds. After drinking her pills, she immediately let herself to sleep.

This is unbelievable! The fast healing effect is not that comparable to her elixir!

The little Phoenix looked at Chen Ming Yu questioningly with its big doe eyes but Chen Ming Yu didn't notice it as she was occupied searching her body.

"My wife treated you. You can now leave our home."

Now that the man mentions it. Chen Ming Yu knew that these two people bring her to this cave that they call home. The bed she was lying earlier was a big birds nest. And this two beautiful people and the little Phoenix live in it.

She stared at the little bird and that's when she noticed it's fiery and golden feathers that resembles a phoenix.

Phoenix...

Phoenix egg...

Chen Ming Yu suddenly made a ninety-degree bow to the two people to thank them for treating her wounds and injuries. She then takes a side step to leave but before she could leave she turn again to say something she knew at the two people who can ruin cities.

"You must leave. There are people who wanted to take your child." She turned her back at them without waiting for a reply.

The little Phoenix looked at her back and made a pitiful cry and beads of crystal clear tears started to fall from its big and doe eyes.

"Chirp chirp chirp! ~" the little Phoenix cries as if saying 'don't leave me!'

But Chen Ming Yu didn't turn her back to face the little Phoenix. And with that kind of treatment, the little Phoenix made a painful cry again. This time, it's louder.

"Wait, little girl!" The voice echo inside the cave as the man called Chen Ming Yu.

The man and his wife catch up with her, and when the little Phoenix saw her, it happily chirps at her.

"You said there are people who're coming here?"

"About less than 500 people."

"Tsk! Humans really have a greedy nature! Wife, you can give little red to her." The woman lends her child to Chen Ming Yu while tears flowing down on her beautiful delicate face.

"Since our child likes you, promise us that you gotta take care of it and return it to us in the near future."

Chen Ming Yu didn't utter a single word, she literary don't know what to say as she stared at the little Phoenix in her hands chirping happily. Waving its wings towards her. Several dark lines started to appear in her face. And her mouth twitch.

How am I suppose to take care of this bird?!

"You should go and leave this mountain. You should know that this mountain is very dangerous. Especially a girl like you with no fluctuation of spiritual power. And later, I, their father[1] is gonna teach those bunch of ants a lesson."

"Please, exclude the Mercenary Flame Demon. The one with the black flag with a flame imprinted on it. They are different from those bad people who want to steal little red."

"Leave it to us."

"Thank you. Also, you have to take note of a youth and those several black robe men behind him. They're the ones who take command of this huge mercenary and steal your child. " After saying that, Chen Ming Yu made her exit and find herself a hiding place to watch a good show that is coming.

Inside the tent of the Flame Demon Mercenaries...

Lan Ke, who's face is very ashen because of the reports he is receiving. It makes his head hurt and his heart is filled with worries.

After a while, he instantly ordered his men to go and prepare for the remaining journey.

Wan Cou didn't find her body...That is the only thing in Lan Ke's mind.

That little girl suffered serious injuries with the hit of the Snow Flaming Beast. If they didn't find her body...perhaps, she survives. Or maybe, she might be dead or her body was...

Lan Ke did not continue what he's thinking. That terrifying thought almost made him tremble for the little lass.

That girl may be so strong but in the end, she's just a little girl. Just like her 17-year-old daughter. Lan Ke and the rest of the Mercenary Flame Demon followed the others to continue their journey to the cave of the phoenixes.

The journey went smooth as usual. And the weak little monster and beast whenever they see these group of people run away while their tails between their trembling legs.

The Mercenary Flame Demons and the rest of the Mercenary continued their journey with stoic expressions.

The leader of this campaign didn't allow these mercenaries to rest, instead, they continued their journey until the peak of the mountain where they saw a cave.

The sun had already risen up in the sky and its heat already seeps in through the mercenaries skin. Besides them arriving outside the cave they also recognize two silhouettes at the mouth of the cave looking at them with crease brows.

"Someone has already been ahead of us!" The youth said when he noticed the two stunning figure.

"Are you the one who wants to steal the egg?" The man in red hair asked in a dignified voice as he looked at the youth.

But the youth didn't answer him. He just stood there staring at the two beautiful people several meters away from him but that dignified voice of the man landed in his ears asking him.

The youth didn't know why but he feels that these two people are so powerful. Powerful enough to make a powerful person like him feel fear.

"Useless humans! You dared to steal our child!?" The red hair man roared and in just a blink of an eye, two lights shot in the sky. Red and golden feathers suddenly appeared in their eyes.

"A Phoenix!" someone in the mercenaries cried.

"A feng[2[ and a huang[3] Phoenix!"

"This primordial being will burn you to ashes!"

[Q: Meaning - [1] An arrogant way to mention oneself

[2] Feng means male Phoenix and [3] Huang means a female Phoenix]