17 - Assassination (1)

One week had already passed. The days in Chen Manor is still peaceful but Chen Ming Yu knew, someone had already made a move a week ago.

Who wouldn't notice that some black robe people are eyeing the Chen Manor in the dark, waiting to make a strike?

Chen Ming Yu has been preparing.

Her people are advancing smoothly in their cultivation. And have never skipped training their body.

The Monster Trio had already advanced in the Purple Spirit fighter within a week. Lan Bao who's a blue spirit fighter breakthrough to Indigo spirit fighter. While Su Wun and his men, also made a breakthrough to the Purple spirit. And the rest had increased their cultivation as well.

For these hardworking people. Every day was hell training. The Monster Trio had made them spar with them. They also push them to fight some strong beast and monsters in the wild. These people had already experience how to clung to life when death is near.

"Master, what should we do? The people who keep observing our Chen Manor is increasing." Ji Chen anxiously said.

"It seems like they want a fast death. They really underestimated me this time. Relying on numbers just to kill me." Chen Ming Yu's narrowed eyes contain a hint of laughter and a smile that is not a smile form on her lips.

"Go and keep watch. Tell the others to get ready. Protect those who can't protect themselves. If it's complicated I'll handle the rest."

"Yes, master. This subordinate will now prepare."

Chen Ming Yu sipped her medicinal tea and a cold smile bloomed onto her face.

"The one who sits in the higher up sure is nasty."

"Ming Yu! General Xu is here. He wanted to talk to you."

"Lan Bao lower voice. I already guessed why your father's friend wanted to talk to me. Still, let him in."

"I already did." She smiled sheepishly.

"Uncle Xu, come in."

A good-looking middle-aged man wearing his armor entered. His appearance looked overbearing, giving people a feeling of oppression and fear. At the same time, you can notice the gentleness in his eyes that make people like him.

"General Xu, welcome. It's such an honor to meet you." Chen Ming Yu's languid and crisp voice fills the room.

"No. I should be honored. Wang Yu was a despotic and arrogant person. Calling himself the great one, and when he meets you, he became nothing."

"General Xu, I don't need such flowery words. I wanted to hear what you need to say." The General's expression changes. His face that contains a languid smile earlier faded, replaced by seriousness.

"Miss Chen, my men found out that some people are looming around outside your Chen Manor. Someone wanted to eliminate you."

"What do you think, General Xu? The one sitting up above, the son of a governor or the one who you hated the most?"

The Government, Xiao Che or General Gu? Is that what she's asking?

"All of them!" Lan Bao who's on the side exclaim. Chen Ming Yu and General Xu looked towards her.

"Yeah. Definitely all of them." General Xu with a smile on his face rubbed Lan Bao's hair.

"Uncle! You're ruining my hairstyle!"

Chen Ming Yu's hand that about to pick her tea froze when she saw this scene.

What does it feel when someone rubbed your hair? Why does Lan Bao complaining when she's actually happy?

She turned her gaze away and look at the distance.

Her heart is crying blood. I want to feel, that kind of family love again. Just like before.

"Miss Chen, you have to be careful."

"Thank you, General Xu. Lan Bao escort your uncle and talk to him for a little while. I have something to do."

Lan Bao nodded.

Did I see it right? Why do I feel that Chen Ming Yu shows sadness in her eyes?

Lan Bao looked back to Chen Ming Yu again to take another look again. Seeing Lan Bao looking at her way, Chen Ming Yu smiled but it didn't reach her eyes.

"You see it too, right?" General Xu spoke when they came out from the door. Lan Bao didn't answer and was completely deep in thought.

"Xiao Bao...that girl...had a lonely life. Stick with her." General Xu said and ruffled her hair again before turning away.

Uncle, you may be right.

It's already dead of the night. Numerous black figures stealthily entered the Chen Manor. At first, they find it fishy when they didn't find that there is no single guard patrolling. But, it's their chance! They have to grasp it.

They must kill that Chen Yu girl tonight!

Several pairs of eyes who's hiding in the dark watch the 30-40 men in black split their way inside the Chen Manor to find Chen Ming Yu.

They snigger.

You want to kill master? Haha! Idiots! You deliver yourself in the tiger's mouth!

Today is your death day!

"We will split into three groups. Some of you will follow Ji Chen and Ji Xu. And the rest will follow me. Sun Wu's team had already made their move. We'll ambush the others."

"We can't let master be harm by this people!"

With killing intent, they emerge from the dark.

Chen Ming Yu who was looking outside the window suddenly smiled. While on the other hand, Lan Bao was anxiously waiting on what will happen tonight.