10 - Banished City

Three weeks had passed and they will be arriving in the Spring Continent for about an hour.

Inside the carriage, Chen Ming Yu was playing with the little phoenix. It's golden and red soft feathers made her want to pluck them out of its skin but she stopped herself from doing that.

"Miss Chen, is that a phoenix?" Lan Ke decided to ask her if the little bird is a phoenix.

Its majestic appearance will never go unnoticed in the eyes of the Mercenary Flame Demons but they ignore asking her. They just watch Chen Ming Yu played with it.

Little Red looked at Lan Ke at the two men arrogantly while popping its feathery chest proudly.

Chen Ming Yu's lips twitch momentarily.

"It followed me." She indifferently replies without giving Lan Ke a direct answer. She didn't even give him a glance. But Lan Ke knew, just by looking at the little bird in Chen Ming Yu's lap. He knew this is the child of the phoenixes they met before. It's red and golden color already tells it all. And Chen Ming Yu didn't give Lan Ke an answer because she knew Lan Ke already knows the answer. It's already obvious.

"You should never show it to anyone, they might take a liking to it and forcefully snatch it from you."

"They dare! But let see if they have the capability."

Lan Ke helplessly sighed in his heart. For three weeks being together, he already knew what kind of personality Chen Ming Yu have.

She's actually really stubborn.

Steady and tough.

That's what Chen Ming Yu is.

The carriage stops.

"We're here?" She opened the window and see the huge gate of the continent.

Finally! They arrive at the spring continent!

When the guard saw the carriage, he immediately made it stop. But when he recognizes the flag attach to the carriage, he immediately opens the gate and smiled at the coachmen.

This is the carriage of the strongest mercenary group in their continent! The Mercenary Flame Demons!

The Head of this mercenary is also the trusted friend of the Military General! It's because of the Military and these Mercenaries why their Spring Continent is always peaceful! It thanks to them why the city experience tranquility.

I should never make them have a bad impression of me. The guard thought.

After some time, they arrive at the headquarters where the Mercenary Flame Demons live.

"This is our place." Shu Lei said smilingly.

"Finally! We're home!" The members of the Mercenary Flame Demons shouted in unison.

"Brother Lan," Chen Ming Yu called Lan Ke and Lan Ke looked at her with wide eyes. Looking like an owl as his eyes are really open wide.

"I don't know what to call you. Or should I just call you Mercenary Head Lan Ke?"

"Ah. You can just call me Brother Lan, that's okay. But I don't know how to call Miss Chen. I don't really like calling someone with formalities."

"Then, you can call me Sister Chen."

When Wan Cou and Shu Lei heard that. They looked at each other and the same thought crosses their mind.

Can we call her Sister Chen too?!

Truth be told, not just Wan Cou and Shu Lei but all the members of the Mercenary Flame Demons also want to call Chen Ming Yu, Sister Chen!!!

"I just wanted to asked. Where is the closest tavern here?"

Just as Lan Ke was about to answer her. A voice suddenly sounded inside the headquarters.

"Father! You're back!"

" Xiao Bao, you're home?"

"I sneak out from the guild. Yun Lu will cover me up. Father, who is she?" Lan Bao asked her father and her gaze sweep to Chen Ming Yu excitedly.

Finally! Someone at my age outside the guild!

"Chen Ming Yu." She indifferently and lazily answered to Lan Bao, Lan Ke's daughter.

"I'm Lan Bao." She said while her eyes shining brightly. Lan Bao then squeezedChen Ming Yu's hand.

"Let's go! I'm going to show you around! This is your first time on the continent, Am I right? Since you came with my father, you must be from the Eurus Continent!"

Then Lan Bao started running her mouth as she leads Chen Ming Yu outside the headquarters.

She brings Chen Ming Yu everywhere she wants. Be it restaurants, a hot spring area, a flower viewing. Everywhere! Chen Ming Yu didn't even complain.

Lan Bao even brings her to the lawless city. The area on which didn't actually part of the government. The city is called Banished City.

They were in the fighting colosseum. And if you were going to asked what our little girl is feeling right now, she was greatly intrigued.

"Everyday there is always a fight here. An entertainment for everyone. You can make a bet on who's gonna win the fight. That man who's full of scars is number three and the other one is Ji Chen."

"I'm not gonna bet right now. But I'm sure that the one who's gonna win this match is the man who's full of scars."

"I should have waited for your opinion before betting all my money to the other one."

"Is there any way that I can see them later?"

"There is. But the other side is really filthy and dark. These two are actually a product here in the Colosseum. And right now, these two are just now entertainers since someone bet on them."

"If the match finishes. They are gonna be sent back to their cages."

"That's harsh."

"It really is. But we can't do anything. Since the owner of this Colosseum is a powerful man. No one can control him."

"Then, can you accompany me to see them?"

"Of course. If you want to."

The match finishes. And just like Chen Ming Yu said, number 3 won.