9 - Travelling To Spring Continent (2)

"Chirp! Chirp!" (Don't forget my presence!)

And she also had with her the little Phoenix.

Ever since the little Phoenix decided to stay with her. It never leaves her side. It hides its body inside her robe and it will poke its head out from time to time and whenever it feels like it.

The carriage move. Chen Ming Yu was with Lan Ke together with Wan Cou and Shu Lei.

"Why are you going to Zephyrus, Miss Chen."

"I'm participating in the Battle of Honor."

"Ah, that's right. Battle of Honor will start 2 months from now. Thousands of people will gather just to watch the competition." Wan Cou

"You have to be careful, Miss Chen. There are many geniuses who will enter the competition just to enter the four guilds." Lan Ke

"I'll keep that in mind. If I'm lucky I will be able to enter one of the four guilds."

"Yes. If you pass the competition the Master of the guild will raise their hands if they want you. Just remember this, choose the right choice." Lan Ke said with a serious tone. He knows what's happening inside. After all, his daughter is in there.

"Inside the Zephyr Academy, this four guild will have a clash together to see who has the powerful guild. All the members that were already admitted to the guild are very arrogant." Wan Cou

"It means if I successfully pass I might fight some of them inside the academy."

"Yes, that's right. You must know that the academy will personally train you...to monitor you. Something big is happening inside. We wanted to know what is it and wanted to enter the academy but, if trespassers are detected we might not be able to get out alive." Shu Lei

Chen Ming Yu understand what these three men are saying. Something big is happening inside the academy? What is it?

"I advise you to be careful, Miss Chen. Someone or something is lurking in the dark."

Chen Ming Yu's heart tightens as the words leave Lan Ke's lips.

Why does she remember those black figures?

"I'll be careful." She said. Her voice is small and breathy as if she had difficulty breathing. All her past memories flash through her mind. And right now, she feels like she's inside her brain watching her past self-suffer. Crazy to say, but that was Chen Ming Yu currently feeling.

"Mother! Grandfather! Grandmother! Don't die! Don't leave me! It's scary!" The five-year-old Chen Ming Yu cried.

"My daughter, I'm sorry, Mother...cannot hold on anymore and had to follow your grandma and grandpa. I know you can see it but don't hate it because you can see them. In the future, this ability will sure help you...to save someone. Yu'er, stay strong okay? Don't cry. Mother is going to a place where there has no pain and no death. You have to be strong. If only your father is here, he knows what to do with this. And he can teach you how to use that ability. If only he was still alive...Yu'er, if someone knows you have the ability of the eye, they will surely..."

"MOTHER!!!"

"Miss Chen, are you...are you okay?"

"Huh?" Chen Ming Yu snaps back in reality when she heard Lan Ke's worried voice.

"Miss Chen...Why are you crying?"

"Brother Lei...What..." She didn't finish her sentence. The moment she touches her face that becomes wet with tears. She knows...she cried again.