19 - Nightmare

The fear, the anger, Chen Ming Yu can feel her entire being shaking. When she enters her room, she deliberately heaves a sigh and stops herself from trembling.

She was scared when she saw Lan Bao there, as her face paled. Chen Ming Yu didn't think that Lan Bao would get out of her room. They're both the same. She knew that Lan Bao was stubborn and tough headed.

It was her fault that Lan Bao was injured.

Chen Ming Yu drink some water to calm herself. But then, something that she didn't expect would happen. Her right eye was starting to hurt.

The glass slips from her hand causing a shattering sound in the silent room. She touches her eye that it is in pain, in addition, the pain is starting to spread in her head.

She doesn't know what is happening. The cause of this pain was coming from her right eye... She grabbed a mirror and looked at her reflection while undoing her eye-patch.

The eye that supposed to be close...was slowly opening. Revealing a crystal clear blood red eye color.

"What the!"

She can't believe what happened.

Chen Ming Yu's breath quickened. And memories from her village started to play like she was watching a show. The soul, their scream...everything that she wanted to forget is slowly unveiling in front of her.

"Little girl...help me...my soul... Little girl."

"Little girl help me! This thing is eating me!"

"Little girl, help us!"

She covers her ears. Frightened from the sight and from the voices of different souls that is calling for help. She was witnessing that 'thing' again. Watching how the black figures devour everyone's soul.

"P-please...stop."

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I don't know...I don't know how to...I'm sorry." Her body began trembling. Her knees become soft as she slowly sits down from the cold floor of her room.

Chen Ming Yu broke the mirror in her hand. And just like before, she gave herself a self-inflicting wound in her right eye, again.

Red blood drips.

She laughed in anguish and asked herself..."Why me?"

And then she remembers what her mother said... "....I know you can see it but don't hate it because you can see them. In the future, this ability will sure help you...to save someone."

"I can't accept this, mother. This is a curse! This made me suffer! This made me see terrible things. Mother, what is this? Why is my right eye red? How can this help someone? Mother, I can't save them...I can't. I don't know...How can I even save them?" She asked. But no one answered.

She curled herself. Hugging her knees tightly. Accidentally, her gaze landed on the broken mirror.

A wound on her face. It was a vicious wound, one that went from her eyebrow to the small bag of her eyes. To her that have a delicate face, the wound looks sinister and frightening.

************

It was too dark, so dark that she can't see anything but felt everything. She felt like something was crushing her chest. It was heavy and she couldn't shake it off. What is this?

She turned her gaze around. There is no light, just pure darkness everywhere.

Suddenly...

Two red lights appeared, and light footsteps sounded. Echoing in the dark.

Chen Ming Yu stared at the two red lights coming her way.

Her heart thumped fast like there was no tomorrow, feeling that it's going to burst and want to get out of her ribcage. She realized that it was not a light. It was two red eyes looking at her. Staring at her intently like she can saw Chen Ming Yu's very being.

"Who are you?" Chen Ming Yu asked. The two red eyes slightly squinted.

This is the first time that she feels this kind of fear. A fear that greatly makes her soul just wanted to disappear.

A feeling like...this fear, she cannot escape.

"I'm you. You're me." After saying that, a light shone on her face. Revealing her cold and vicious gaze, smiling at her.

"You cannot escape..."

Chen Ming Yu woke up with an indescribable feeling. Cold sweats form on her forehead and back.

"Chirp chirp chirp?" (Are you okay, mistress?)

The Little Phoenix also woke up from its deep sleep. It can clearly feel, that Chen Ming Yu was trembling. Her heart beating abnormally. Her breathing unsteady.

In the government, at the same time.

An elder who is sitting up above looked down at the black-robed man kneeling, not lifting his head. He angrily slams his fist at the chair's armrest and spoke.

"No. one. comes. back?" The elder asked through gritted teeth.

"Yes, my Lord. No one." The man answered not lifting his head even for a second.

"Useless!!! It is just a little lass but you can't even kill her? Why did you even become my people if you can't even kill a little lass?!"

"My lord. Forgive my incompetence. I feel there is something wrong. Earlier, when I observe the Chen Manor they seem normal. They act as if nothing happen yesterday night?" He said confused at the last sentence. When he observed the people in Chen Manor, they've been doing their daily routine. Laughing, planting, harvesting vegetables and herbs. They are like normal people.

"Maybe we underestimated her too much. We rely on numbers to kill her and forgot that she's the one who killed the number 1 cultivator in this continent. I will make a plan. If that lass didn't die tomorrow, it would be my nightmare! In our era today, the powerful control the weak. I will never make that little girl steps a single toe on my government."

If I haven't seen it with my own two eyes. Who will believe that a 17-year-old girl was the one who eliminated Wang Yu? A silver spirit fighter?

I would never invite such a destroyer in my life!!!

"Observe and kill!!!"

"Yes. my Lord."

If I kill her first, then I have nothing to worry about.