24 - Departure (2)

It was the time that Chen Ming Yu, Lan Bao, and Dei Min to leave Chen Manor and depart to Zephyrus.

A hundred plus people stand in front of a red carriage. Some of them had tears in their eyes. Some of them had head lowered and some of them steeled their hearts. They looked at the woman in green, standing like a sturdy bamboo. Tough and tall. While her eye carried the calmness of the sea.

"We'll meet again."

Three words...

Made her men shed tears as she turns around to enter the carriage.

"Don't cry, guys. We'll be back. I promise we'll visits if we have the time." Lan Bao smiled sweetly at them. She can feel what they're feeling. She was close to them and know what they feel about Chen Ming Yu.

Lan Bao and Dei Min followed suit on entering the courage. Dei Min doesn't know what to feel about being with the two girls inside the carriage.

"How's your cultivation, Dei Min?" Lan Bao asked.

"It's pretty great. I'm an Indigo Spirit Fighter now. It was quite fast. Thanks for the help, Miss Chen." Dei Min cupped her fist and made a slight bow.

"No need to thank me." She indifferently answered and swept her gaze outside.

The cold and distant demeanor exuding in her appearance made her very unapproachable.

The ride goes silent.

In all the ride, Chen Ming Yu didn't even say a single word. Leaving Lan Bao and Dei Min to go silent too, not daring to open their mouth.

She was just sitting there, completely silent as if she wasn't with them.

For the first time, Lan Bao feels that the girl beside her is a stranger. A bitter smile spread in her lips. She doesn't know Chen Ming Yu at all.

So the sayings are true: A friend is more like a stranger when you don't even know what's the story behind them.

Lan Bao understands if Chen Ming Yu doesn't want to talk about it. She respects her privacy.

"We'll reach Sunset City when the sky goes dark. I already talk to the innkeeper to reserve a room for us."

At Sunset City, in an inn.

"What there's no room left? Stop lying to me! My men said there are still three unoccupied rooms left!"

"Miss, I'm sorry but that rooms are already reserved by someone."

"Where is that person?! Huh!"

"She's still not in the city but she will be arriving soon."

"This inn should be first come first serve basis!"

She was the first... Thought of the innkeeper.

"How much! I will pay you back double the price she pays!"

"I'm sorry young miss but that's against my principle. I already promised her and receive the payment. You can leave now and search for other inns to stay the night."

"How dare you! Men! Get this innkeeper!"

"Yes, young miss!"

"Please my Lord! Don't hurt my father!" A young simple man stood in front of the innkeeper.

"We will give you one of the rooms just don't hurt my father."

"Xiao Fan!" The Innkeeper shouted.

Miss Lan will never agree to this. I already promised her the rooms. What will I say to her when she arrives.

"How about we fought for that rooms?" A crisp voice sounded. A young lady in green enters the inn. Her unyielding aura didn't go unnoticed in the eyes of several cultivators around.

"Ming Yu! That's unfair for us! We pay the rooms!" Lan Bao said pouting.

"They wanted to steal our rooms. Bullying the weak, it's irritating to look at." Chen Ming Yu chillingly spoke. A frown visible on her delicate face.

"I accept!" The young miss confidently answered. With these two men with her, who can touch her? Nobody! Her men are already a purple spirit. And the girl who is the same age at her challenge her to a duel?

"If my men win, you'll kowtow in front of me. And if you win, we'll leave this place."

"How about if you lose, you will leave this place naked!" Lan Bao exclaims with delight. A sinister light flashes through her eyes. She also smiled innocently.

The young miss and the two men face darkened.

"What? You don't want to?" Lan Bao's voice had a hint of teasing.

Who would want to accept that? She will lose face! If everyone saw her body...she can't face that humiliation!