Conversations

A/N

I'm just going to leave this here, okay? Just... prepare yourselves... 😁

____________________

"How did she die?"

The sixteen year old boy asks as he looks down to a small picture of a beautiful girl, her eyes still bright and blue even after all the years the picture has been kept on the boy's Father pants pocket.

It's been around twenty years since everything ended. The Trials, the experiments, the loss of some of his friends. But Thomas felt within himself that he had to move on and live for the ones who couldn't live for themselves, the ones who left too soon.

It was nearly impossible to Thomas' eyes back then, living a peaceful life with nothing else stopping him from doing so. But eventually he found someone who could see him for who he was, accept his flaws and imperfections, understand his losses.

And so he found love again.

Sure it had been hard at the beginning. He still felt the black haired girl's eyes looking at him from above, judging every action. But it wasn't the truth.

Teresa wished for him to he happy, find his own way in life, find a new love. And so he did.

He's currently standing on his feet next to his son, who's looking down to a small picture that Thomas can't quite make out when he had took it and from where, but somehow had stuck with him through all these years.

He places both his hands on the boy's shoulders as he stoods behind him, peeking down at the photo.

"Saving my life." He manages a small, sad smile. Just looking at her precious face smiling sweetly at him, who took the picture at the time, causes slight pain on his chest, but he feels like he should finally tell the other part of the story to his son, since his wife and him had decided to leave it for another day.

He knows everything but the truth about his Dad's past before the Maze.

The boy's head tilts up, his expression soft as he looks up at his Dad.

"What happened?"

Chuck gives Thomas the small picture, and the former Runner guides them to the bed next to the small wardrobe they were standing next to, and sits beside his son, who looks curious to hear the whole story.

"Her name was Teresa." He smiles as he fixes a point in the distance. "I don't remember much about what happened before all those Trials, but I think we had something special back then."

The brunette nods slowly, listening intently as he looks at his Dad softly.

"We were close friends since the Maze and stayed like that until... well, until she betrayed all of us for the greater good. Neither of us understood her reasons at the time, but she just did what she thought was right." Thomas takes a deep breath, moving his eyes to his son's grey ones.

"And then we met each other again and for those few hours I felt whole again. She sacrificed herself so I could be here where I am now."

Chuck has been asking his father to tell and explain him why he always carries that picture with him, and Thomas finally decided to tell him because he loves talking with his son about his past life.

The boy smiles a bit, his expression so soft as if he didn't fear and know everything his dad had to go through when he was his age. It feels nearly impossible thinking him and his friends, Minho, Harriet, Sonya, went through so much.

"You loved her, didn't you?" A small smirk forms on Chuck's face, punching his Dad on the arm lightly despite the whole situation.

Thomas can't help but smile back.

He nods softly, a small chuckle leaving his mouth.

"Yeah..."

Thomas gets slightly surprised when his son hugs him tightly after his confession, something strange for a teenager like him to do. He almost never hugs his parents, unless he's almost obligated to. He doesn't hesitate to embrace the kid back.

It felt good for Thomas to speak about her. The person he's sure as the beating of his heart he'll love for as long as he might live.

Teresa left part of her in him, just like he had given something to her as well. And for that they'll be forever together somehow.

No matter where she might have been, he knows she's always looking down at him.

A/N

Hope you liked the small chappie and don't worry cuz the next one will be a happy one 😄

So it's my Birthday!!! I'm officially 16 now!! 😂

Love you!! ❤