Being Ignored Is Hard On The Heart

Chapter 10

Lance woke up to the sound of his alarm. He wiped his eyes and grabbed his phone, turned it off and got up. Lance went into his closet to get his work clothes so he could get dressed and get ready for work. Lance spent about 30 minutes getting ready but before he finished his mom came knocking on his door.

“Mijo? You ready yet?” She asked from the other side of the door.

“Uh, Yeah! Just give me a second.” Lance said as he hurried up his getting ready process and opened up his door to his mom still standing there waiting for him.

“Okay Let’s go.” She said as she turned around and began to walk down the stairs. “Have you set up a time with Shiro yet?” She asked as they both got to the front floor.

“Uh, Yeah. I told him that he could come on Tuesday. Is that okay?” Lance said as he scratched the back of his head.

“Yes that’s perfect.” She said with a smile as she opened the door and they walked over to the car and got in. “You know you could’ve invited him today.” She said as she started the car.

“Yeah, but we have work and we would be tired and i don’t want to keep him waiting so long for us.” Lance said as he buckled himself up.

“Oh, okay then mijo.” She said as she buckled herself up too and began the drive to work.

----

The dive wasn’t that long because the diner isn’t that far away. When they finally got there they both got out the car and went to the diner’s doors. Lance looked at the sky and wrapped his arms around himself. “It’s getting cold, And why is it still so dark for seven in the morning?”

His mom unlocked the door and opened the door then looked at Lance. “Daylight savings mijo and it is fall after all.” She then walked in and held the door for Lance.

Lance walked in after her and went straight to the back to get things so he could clean up a bit. “Well we should start to get ready.” Lance said as he began to wipe the tables down.

“Yeah.” His mom said as she went in the back to wash some dishes again so there was no dirty ones.

-----

The others ended up coming to the diner to help set up at about 8. First it was Coran, And Allura was second, Pidge came after her, Then Hunk was next, After Hunk came Nyma and Rolo came in, And last was Keith of course. They all helped and got the place ready to open for 09:00.

The group tried to get Lance alone to tell him but each time they tried Hunk always made an excuse as to why they should just wait a bit longer.

-----

It was about 10:30 when Shiro came to the diner. When Lance saw him enter his face lit up. “Shiro!” Lance said with a smile on his face and waved to Shiro from the soft drink machine. Shiro smiled and waved at Lance and sat himself down.

Lance finished pouring the drinks and went to the table who ordered the drinks and placed them on the table and got their orders and went to place the orders in so the cooks can cook the dishes. Once Lance was done he went straight to Shiro’s table and brought out his notepad. “What can I get for you?” Lance said as he smirked.