【Forgotten.】Chapter 9

The next thing I knew I was in the hospital.

My mother was beside me, kneeling down along my bed with tears dripping down onto the floor. My father was looking away from me but I can still sense the sadness within him. The doctor was talking about my current condition to them and trying to explain something that I didn't bother to focus on.

The only voice I can hear was the sound of the machines. All around my body was having tubes that connect to several different monitors. I was terrified.

I tried to speak words but seems like my voice can't come out from my throat.

After a week or two in the hospital, I gradually feel better as I finally understand what happened that day.

Hanako was having too much pressure from my parents about to train me to become the number one hero. She couldn't handle it so she went to the villains and bought an apparently contains a "super quirk" which no one was aware of. She injected the power within me so I could have the power of wiping one's memories.

The doctor told me that with this special quirk I will receive a huge headache at least once in three months which will keep me in bed for at least three days then follow by a weakening of my immune system. Also, there will be a mark leaving on my back with the shape of a circle.

It was cool back then when I got a new quirk.

However, what I knew seems to be falling apart.

My parents have fired all the maids just to keep me safe but then gives me training that was even harsher than before. I thought it was for my own good so I didn't complain about it.

Then once...

Then once when I fall and hurt my legs, it was recalling back the memories of that day Hanako strike the syringe into my body so a tear dropped onto the ground.

Instead of a warm hug from mommy, the same slap has reached my cheek hard. I fell because of the sudden strength.

She then looks at me with a sight that I can never ever possibly forget.

If her eyes could talk, I bet words of cursing will be shouting into my ears so loud that may cause me to not be able to hear.

"You disgusting piece of crap. Wipe off your tears."

I widen my eyes.

I seem to realize something at that point. Everything that they told me seems to connect together at that point. Why Hanako had said that in the adult's world they can only contain a thing at a time, why she told me that the adult's world is hard, why she dragged me to the room that day, is all because she wanted to become both.

She wanted to be both true to me and both masked when facing my parents.

As time flew, I understand what mommy, which I now call mother, tried to tell me. She asked me will I want to become like her or All might.

To become like Mother will be putting on a mask which I believe the whole family of (l/n) had on the whole time. Those tears back then in the hospital, those waves of laughter that were present every time the three of us was celebrating the time to spend holidays together, those hugs they will comfort me when I am sad...

It's all fake.

By this point, I had lost my ability to express my feelings and let out my sadness within my heart. Eventually, I learn to just keep everything inside.

The old me had now be locked in a box that I learn never to be open again, behind walls of protections that I provided myself.

"It's impossible to be both, honey."

I wonder under what emotion did she speak that to me.

"Heyyyyy~ Calling back (y/n) to earth!!!" I almost fall off my chair as I heard that.

"He-Hello Ochaco...You scared me..." I said as I realized that I was eating lunch in the school cafeteria. I looked at my watch to figure that I was on my third day in the U.A. high school which I was gladly accepted in.

"You're the one who's wondering off into the wonderland..." she mumbled as she continues to eat her lunch. They chat about things which I wasn't much interested in communicating during the time so I decide to focus on my spaghetti.

When I was on my way back to the classroom, I felt a hand that lay on my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" It was the voice of Todoroki Shouto which I recognized without even turning behind.

"Yeah I am fine," I replied as a small sigh escaped my lips.

"You don't seem like it though."

"You are really a good observer, you know?"

He walked beside me until we reached in front of the classroom. Before entering the room, he looked at me in eyes again.

"Letting you know, you can always tell me anything. Doesn't have to face it on your own," as he walked in, leaving me standing outside the classroom.

Doesn't have to face it on your own huh...

I felt a wall collapsing down as the past me apparently have one less defense now.

If I can touch Todoroki's hair for once, I'll be set to die.

Nio X Untitled ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_