【Reminded.】Chapter 16

"Let's have a competition!" Shouto said to me as he held my hand and run toward a gaming machine with two drums.

We always spend one hour in the arcade place almost every weekend. With this schedule, we mastered all the games in this place.

I still can remember that not long ago, there was a competition held by the owner of this shop which was about the game of 'Maimai'. At that time, it was a new game and not much people can play it as professional as we could. We are very good at games and could easily master one within a few tries. So we decided to enter the race and at the end, we won.

We were also given the nickname of "Icy blossoms" since at the end of every game that we won, I will call a few blossoms to rain from the top while Shouto will make ice around the area. Soon our fame has grown and everyone passing by knew who we were.

"Looking good today, icy blossoms!" said a man with strong muscles. He was a contestant that we faced during the race, also the owner of this shop.

"Thanks," we both reply as Shouto enters the coins into the machine.

"So what is this game about?" I asked. I had never played this game before.

"It's like a rhythm game, it's new and just arrived here in this morning."

"So do you know how it works?"

"I guess so...you see there will be two kind- no three kinds of notes. If the note is blue then you'll have to hit the side of the drum while if the note is red, you'll have to hit the drum in the middle. There is another one which is a long yellow note where you will just hit the drum as much as you can."

"Cool, let's play it then!" So we started off with Six Trillion Year and Overnight Story's master. I missed a few notes in the start same as him. However, we're starting to understand how this game works and in the end, we have 7 misses but other then that all perfect.

We spend our time under the cover of joy and freedom that blocked all of the unhappiness away from being close to us.

However, now I am afraid we will never be like that again.

"(Y/n)?"

Since you forgotten me already.

"(Y/n)~~~~~~~~"

I jumped and looked around. I am surrounded by my friends as they all gave me this concerning look for me.

"Are you okay?" Midoriya asked as the others waiting for my answer.

"Y-Yeah," I looked down to the ground and took a deep breath. Right now I am being a part of people that I enjoy being with and there is no point in letting the memory color it's blue across this beautiful artwork I have now, right? I shouldn't let it control my moods and stuff, I got happiness now so can't I just leave those things behind?

But I can't.

It wasn't something I don't have control with.

I look back to my friends, now with a bright smile, and grabbed Todoroki's hand and made our way to the gaming machine.

"I'm fine!" I turned and shouted back to them, who were now either furiously taking pictures of my smile and the holding hand thing or making their way toward us.

"No quirks allowed, is it okay?" I asked him. He nodded and inserted the coins. I took up the drumsticks and look over to him. He was looking at me and had his mouth opened, however, nothing came out from it.

"Let's start."

We settle our battle on '夏祭リ' which was a song that I had played. The song wasn't too hard so I can feel my confidence building up in me.

With that, the match begins.

So far everything was good, every note was perfect, nothing has gone wrong.

So far.

However, there was a sudden voice that startled me from behind.

"(Y/N) YOU NEVER TOLD ME THAT YOU WERE THE ICY BLOSSOM-"

And my movements stopped. Everything went blank. That time it happened also was the time the song got most intense and all I was able to do was to watch the notes gone missing one after one.

"(Y/n)?!?!"

"HEY (Y/N) ANSWER ME!" I heard Kaminari's shouting and could feel every eye staring at me.

"HEY-"

"WHAT THE HELL KAMINARI SHUT UP," Mena shouted back as their voices disappeared in the distance.

By the time I was back to reality, the game already ended.

Todoroki's score was all perfect while mine was mostly perfect but missed around 100 notes.

I wasn't mad at them, I was just shocked that they had found out. Now what? Todoroki will know that we used to be the most well-known player in this arcade place and then his memories might start returning...

That's it.

The last thing I can do to myself to make me feel better was run away and go straight to home, but I didn't.

I turned around and smiled at them as I gradually walk away.

Don't break down.

Don't break down.

Don't.

Just

Don't.

"(Y/n)." I turned around only to see the person that I really didn't want to see now.

I gave him one of my smiles and replied with a pleasant tone.

"Yes?"

"I-"

"(Y/n), I am so sorry!!" It was Mina and the cause of me failing the contest.

"It's okay."

I looked over back to Todoroki, who now wasn't looking so pleased with them interrupting our conversation.

"Um, did we interrupt something?"

"No-"

"Actually yes." I was surprised that the boy will ever reply to someone with annoyance in his speaking.

"I'm sorry...again," and Kaminari had his head down same as Mena. "Sorry for causing you so many troubles." I laughed and they both look at me confused.

"It's okay, it's okay," I assured them as once again, the group has the happiness online again.

I am running out of things to write here XD

Nio X Untitled ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_