【Reminded.】Chapter 26.5

I sat in silence, waiting for the time of battle to reach. The next match will be the semi-final where I'll have to fight (Y/n).

We both have our own reasons why we must win this.

I looked at my left hand, thoughts started to flow in my mind. I am going to show my father that I can win this, without his power.

I can win this without his help.

Gently, I traced my hand onto the burned area where the mark was still visible till this day. Anger started to mess with my mood, affecting my stable mood to start swinging again. I hold my fists tightly.

I'll show you what I've got.

But then, somehow her voice has emerged in my thoughts.

"You know, it's your power. It's not your father's."

"It's your life, Shouto, it's not his."

Then an idea that has never come up since the start of my life have begun to grow, covering my mind like vines, causing me to look the other way. Her words do make sense, I just perhaps never took a step backward and see it again with calmness. I smiled at the thought of her (e/c) eyes and the beautiful (h/c) hair, not excluding out her smile.

(Y/n)...

There was a feeling that wasn't brought up again until now. It made my heart tingles, beats going crazy and I can focus on none except than her. This emotion was unknown to me, I searched for a word to describe it as it reminded me of the time while Mother was still at home.

This feeling was...warm.

"Todoroki, please get ready to enter the battlefield." I looked upward from my thoughts as I start to make my way through these hallways. I took a deep breath and put all of those things behind me.

Now's not the time for it, it's the time to battle.

And I am going to win this.

"Now, audiences, after a short break, we're back with our competition!" Midnight announced as all I could hear was the cheerings from the audiences. My eyes glance around the area unconsciously, only to find the reason that set me into this frustration in the first place.

"Father..." I murmured in an annoyed tone. I narrowed my eyes and see his fire glow from the rest of the people. This simple thing instantly breaks the calmness that I had achieved just now and covered mine once again in anger.

I turned my head away so I can try to stable my mood again. It was not the time to get madness interrupting this match so again I took a deep breath.

I looked over to (Y/n) on the other side whose eyes were also facing this area. Our glance touched and once again she had continued to announce the necessaries to start this game.

"The match that will be going on soon will be the first part of the semi-final, (Y/n) verses Shouto! Please, competitors, enter the field."

I walked up to the line with my own pace as I pushed those moods out of my way.

This is what you've trained for, Shouto. I had my eyes locked on my target whose head was lowering. I was confused but I still kept on encouraging myself. This is your chance. Your chance to show that you're not him.

You're not the son of a terrible father, you don't acquire the quirk of the awful Endeavor, you aren't the person that he is.

You're Todoroki Shouto, a person who has the right to live out his own path.