【Reminded.】Chapter 37

I look around to try to find any signs of people, or most importantly, signs of where we currently are. I haven't been to this place in a long time so I wasn't surprised when I got lost with Momo, perhaps I am just not good at knowing where I am.

Glancing around the area, everything seems very similar, like if we were only walking in circles.

"Well, it's official now," I said though I hate to admit. "We're lost."

She turned over to me and sigh as she was expecting the line. But it's quite obvious since we're already walking around nonstop for almost twenty minutes now.

"I'll call them," I said as I dial the number, however, it doesn't seem to work. My phone was already on low battery since I forgot to charge it and for the last walk-ins, I've been turning on the flashlights.

"Out of battery..." I said as I facepalmed over my stupidness.

There wasn't much we could do now. Either sit here and depends on the extremely small chance that someone will pass by, crying for help though I doubt anyone will be able to hear us or just give up.

"I can make a phone-" And Momo started to cough. I got beside her and patted her back, hoping that it helps. "There's no way I'll let you use your quirk when you're in the condition like this," I spoke the words I have on my mind out.

We wandered around more, but we've got no result. Finally, we rested while sitting back at a giant tree. Surely someone is going to come, right?

I mean we can't possibly die out here.

"I guess the worst situation is to get stuck here till the morning..." I murmured, she sighs again. We sat in the position before I once decided that I'll search for the group myself. I couldn't probably bring the girl to walk any further.

"I will be looking around this place," I said as I stood up.

"I will also help."

"No, stay here. You're sick and we shouldn't have come out in the first place but it's the least you can do for me."

She looks over to the other side and finally gave in. "Ok then..."

"Then I'll be going."

I walk around the area again, not giving up the last thread of hope that I was holding on to. Lacking from the company that Momo was giving me, I felt weak while being surrounded by this darkness that I knew too well.

And as if I remembered something, those thoughts started crawling back on me. I tried to push them aside, but it wasn't working.

And I concluded that it's all my fault.

So that's why I need to keep going. I gave a surprise attack on my anxiety as I thought positively.

That's when I heard a sound.

It sounded like a 'thump' like something was hitting onto the ground. I spun around to try to find the source of it, though I didn't manage to see any figure around. It's probably just an animal or what... I assure myself.

Though I know that I've failed hard.

Just when I turn my head around to face back to the direction that I was walking at, there was a girl smirking at me, I jumped back a little. She is one with blonde and had her hair tied up in buns around both sides while she had a knife in her hand. She was smiling as if she was insane.

I back a little as she walks forward to me until my back was against a tree. "...Who are you?" I asked.

"Aw, my name is Himiko Toga! It's a pleasure to meet you, I am sure we'll be best friends!!" She exclaims as her hand with the knife traveled more upward until it was in front of my neck. I didn't have a good feeling of it and my life is threatened.

Is she a person that's going to help me?

Of course not.

She is trying to kill me.

Since I felt that my life was in danger, I quickly struggle free and escape the position. I look at her eyes and can only feel the strange aura that she was spreading. "Come back, (Y/n)! I want to be your friend~~"

Then I started to run. I have no idea which direction I was going, but I ran for my life. I call upon my quirk and two daggers formed. It was extremely dark in the area, which was a disadvantage now that my enemy is invisible. I can only hear her voice ranging around the area. "(Y/n)~~~"

I was actually terrified.

I regain my courage and turned back toward the girl, pointing my one knife out.

She slowly reappeared in front of me as her smile was still on her face. "Well, I just want to be friends..." She pretended to say that in a tone of sadness. I then realized that she was wearing a school uniform with a vest, her short skirt was waving around because of the wind.

Is she a student?

There wasn't any time to think about that, there's a girl who's in front of me and ready to strike me to half any second. She dashes toward me and swings her dagger around. I dodge, blocking a few attacks with my daggers as I kept moving backward. She was good, extremely good with the weapon that she was holding, around the same level as I'm. I play the match defensively, trying my best to block off each of her attacks, but still, my arm got scarred.

I bit my lips hard because of the pain as we both fall back. She was smiling insanely and licking my blood off her knife. "(Y/n)~ Let's be best friends!"

"...FOREVER." Once again, I started running while taking out a part of my left arm's bandage to put on my right. I changed my weapon from a dagger to bow and shot the arrow toward the sky, hoping someone will notice it and come.

But at every second passing by, my heart sink even more. Again, we fought face to face with me still playing defense. My movements got slower because of the wound but I wasn't going to give it up. I marked her with my pedals as her speed decreased a little, to the pace that I was able to catch up.

"Why are you attacking me? I just want to be friends~" She said as her eyes blazed. I swallowed and my expression didn't change. "I will kill you and make sure you will be my friend forever~," She said as her speed got even faster, it's now a little hard to catch up. I slipped and my arm got cutted once again as I fell onto the floor hard.

I tried to stand up once again but there was a sudden pain that emerged from my leg. I sprained my ankle and now I am unable to get back up.

Great.

She bender down in front of me as she lift my face a little up so our eyes meet. She slowly moved the knife back under my neck as she continues to smile.

But I don't want to die yet.

Not now.

I used the power from the last string for controlling my body and stood up while creating the mace. I swang it hard against the ground and it cracked, shooting rocks upward toward her. She fail backward as I gain this time as my chance, I tried to run.

But everything just seems like if I was destined to be killed, I once again tripped over again. This time, I knew that I was done and nothing will be able to save me now.

She walk closer to me at every passing second.

ohhhhh I updated! Aren't you just proud of me? :v

Nio X Untitled ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_