【Reminded.】Chapter 44

The silence between us was so visible that everything around seems to be fading away from existence.

"W-What do you mean-"

"I failed."

I looked at the woman in front of me with her red eyes in sadness, face a little lower down. She still has a cup of coffee in her hands, even though it's already empty.

Those words stayed inside my mind for a while before it starts to actually make sense. Maybe because I just woke up from one dream to another, maybe the pain is dragging me downhill, or maybe it's because I didn't ask for a cup of coffee too, leading me to get to the conclusion a little later than my usual self.

"You mean you're hackings, Hanako?"

"...yes."

My form stayed the same, no extreme emotions roamed in me, however, there was something that's now lost inside the darkness. Something I cherished so much is now inside the void of our future unknown.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked, hoping there's a way to find that thingy back.

"I don't know."

Her tone of speaking is calm as if she had already broken down before meeting me.

If the hacking wasn't working, there will be nothing able to stop Two...

Two...

My eyes widen in realization as I stepped backward. Two...she was a villain.

That's why she was giving me the feeling of being hated.

That's why she said something before pushing me off into the pond.

She said...

goodbye.

I shot my glare directly at the woman before bursting out all my questions. "Two was inside with me in my dream, does that means she's almost completed? How did she come here? How did you come here? It's a dream, isn't it? How....HOW???" I was probably scaring her for the sudden outburst, but there wasn't much time if she's on the move.

She sighs before answering my question one by one. "Yes, two is on the move. Last time I got into their file, they have been documenting their final testing before letting her off into a dream experiment. Second, she was teleported into your dream because they wanted her to meet her target before eliminating you. Third, the place where you and Two were in, was a dream. But as for here, it isn't.

Somehow you got the ability to use quirk even if you're in a coma. This place doesn't exactly count as a dream, more like the reflection quirk you used. You used this quirk to protect yourself and it's something you did unconsciously, meaning that your body is controlling exactly where I am stepping on right now."

I wasn't reacting much, due to the knowledge I was taking in within such a short amount of time.

"I didn't choose to be here, you did. This reflection you made have trapped me inside, that's why I waited here. I got no exits."

"So you're the voice that's guiding me?"

"...What voice?"

"I-I mean, didn't you called inside my mind and guided me here? Otherwise, how could I find this place on my own...?"

"But I didn't have the ability to do those such things. I can only stop time." I glanced at the clock above her, it was still 10 in the morning, exactly when I left the room.

"It's probably something you did on your own. I got nothing to do with it." I nodded in response. She wasn't the one doing so.

Then who was it?

"However, there's one more thing I want to tell you..." she said before trailing off and looking out the window.

Outside was hot, predicted by the blazing sun across the sky. There weren't too many clouds, but surely not impossible to rain. There was nothing on the street, though, there weren't cars, people, or just any other thing. Except for the scenery itself, glazing at its own beauty which amazes people just by looking at it. I, also, lost myself inside this magnificent view in front of my eyes before realizing that I should bring the conversation back.

"So you want to tell me..."

"Ah yes," she said before turning over and facing me seriously. "Now that the hacking plan was lost..."

I knew what she was saying. Now that our everyone-will-be-happy-without-anyone-dying-plan had failed, it's time for plan B.

The one where we all didn't want it to go.

There might be a war at first before eventually people starting to sacrifice under the unbeatable force of evilness that the villains have and more. Until one would be able to stand up and play the deadly role of standing against the dreadful as they will surely lose their life while doing so.

"...and I will have to eat the pill." She looked at me as the sentence fall. It was a scary truth, something that will not be stoppable, yet, there is no one out there who can stop her.

"..."

Hanako didn't say anything back as she walked away from me. Somehow at the exact same moment, I saw the pill inside my hand. It was small, light, something you wouldn't possibly imagine killing you.

I saw her figure disappear into the distance as I gradually began to walk. I didn't know where I was heading, but the first thing to do will be getting out of here. I walked, then I started to run. I have already lost the feeling of my feet and legs, my arm and hand, the pain inside my head, everything seems so unrealistic.

And at one point, something cracked.

I saw a blackness between the walls as I took a leap into the unknown.

There was nothing in my vision, everything was bright as if my eyes had been burn under the intense brightness of the world. It was a long way down the place, my body felt like it had fallen off the cliff, pain and confused at the same time.

Until I finally reach the ground.

"...(Y/N)?"

I heard a voice calling me. It was filled with worries and uncertainty. I could feel the fear and surprise within the short call, too. Maybe I didn't hear one's voice for so long that now I basically can break down every single part of their sayings.

"(Y/N)!!"

The voice was getting louder and louder, as I feel its need for me to be awake.

"(Y/N)!!!!!!"

I opened my eyes and I was greeted by the reappearance of the world I was familiar with. After checking on my basic conditions, the half-half hair colored male have brought me into a tight embrace.

It was him.

The person I forgot while I wander around my dreamland.

The person who I swear to defend with my life and more.

The person I love.

Todoroki Shouto.

Yes so we are heading toward the ending right now so um yes

sit tight, eat this piece of cookie I prepared for you and enjoy your ride

btw I wonder how will Todoroki take care of (Y/n) if she became a neko-

Nio X Untitled ( 」∠)_