【Remember】Chapter 51 (GE)

It was that simple sentence that washed over me, causing my energy level to drop to the lowest along with my standing. I still, however, searched around to see if there was any sign of her showing herself.

"Hanako..." I questionly replied, doubting she will even listen since I use such a light voice.

"(Y/n)..." She did hear me.

There was a silence that blasted loudly into our ears and it lasted for a few minutes before disappearing.

"...You did it?" I asked again, just to make sure this wasn't a part of my dream.

"Yes, I succeed." But I knew it from the start that it wasn't. In my dreams, there was no such thing as a good ending. I smiled a little and stood up once more, looking around broken trees and the raging fire than had paused. I looked up at the blue sky and saw birds that tried to escape this area stayed in the same place for the last few minutes. But no matter where I searched, I couldn't find her.

"Where are you, Hanako?"

There wasn't any reply.

"Hanako-"

"She's dead."

There's another fear arising from deep within my heart because of how the sound no longer was from Hanako, but it was from someone else who was familiar. It was the exact voice I heard that tried to wake me up in my coma at the hospital but soon fade into the back of my head.

I slowly and hesitantly turned my head around and saw the exact spot where Two was standing, she moved.

And I flinched. Hanako's quirk was supposed to pause basically everything during her quirk's activation, but somehow the world still stopped spinning but with three people moving now.

Or is it two?

"W-What do you mean by she's dead?"

I didn't believe what she said since we stood at different grounds. It's surely not my fault, though, to be suspicious in a villain. "That's what I mean, her existence no longer last on this world."

"Then how do you explain this time pause-"

"I did that."

"A-And her voice-"

"...I did that too, (Y/n)."

There were many questions roaming inside my head, too much that it caused a slight headache with all the thoughts that I was trying to maintain. Nevertheless, only the most important and significant one squeezed its way through.

"Why didn't you killed me?"

There was another silence. Her orbs were staring into mine, her face expressionless and didn't move an inch away from where she was standing ever since the pause.

"That's what she would love to say if she had the chance to speak to you one last time, (Y/n)." She carefully danced her way across the question and continued on talking, observing my reaction in the meantime.

"I saw her yesterday, which she broke into our laboratory herself and plugged an element into me. She immediately died to the hands of securities, but her hacking machine continues to work. Just now, she successfully shuts down the machine that controls my movement and now I am no longer in control of the villains."

It was too much to think of even though it was only simple English, yet a sadness still flows inside my heart, a sourness that I couldn't get over despite how much I want to continue this conversation.