Chapter 16 - Tracey Gets Bugged

Arriving to an Island called Murcott Island, Tracey looked around in excitement. He threw out Marill and Venonat's Poké balls right away, "Okay Venonat and Marill. Go!"

The two Pokémon were released, and Emma looked slightly surprised as she handed Togepi to Ash, "Uh, what's up, Tracey? You look so excited."

"I've been wanting to visit this Island for a long time," Tracey said as Ash threw Togepi up into the air and then he caught it, making it laugh cutely. A Beedrill flew toward them, making Misty duck down on the sand, and it flew off.

Tracey, Emma and Ash looked at her. "What's the matter?" Tracey asked. "That was a Beedrill, and a big one," Misty said. Tracey smiled, "That's one of the reasons I'm so happy to finally be here, Misty."

"What?" Misty asked in confusion. "Murcott Island is famous for having tons of Bug Pokémon," Tracey explained. Ash grinned, "Hey, what are we waiting for?" He looked at Togepi in his arms, "Let's go capture some!"

"Togy, Togy!" the Egg Pokémon said with a smile. Ash started to ran off with it and his Pikachu. Emma chuckled and started to follow with her Pikachu. Tracey smiled and was about to follow until he noticed Misty still sitting on the sand, "Aren't you coming?"

"Oh, you three go on ahead, I'll just stay here and work on my tan," Misty said with a small nervous smile. Ash and Emma walked back closer. "You must be kidding me," Tracey said, "If you just stay here, you'll hardly be able to watch any Bug Pokémon."

"Oh well, I guess you can't have them all," Misty said. Emma leaned closer to whisper to Tracey, "Misty doesn't like Bug Pokémon too much, she kind of... afraid of them," she whispered. Tracey blinked and gave a small smile, "Oh! I get it. When it comes to Bugs, Misty is a chicken."

Misty glared at him and stood up. She stepped on his foot hard, making him shout in pain. "Who you calling a chicken?!" she snapped as Emma and Ash exchanged a look as if saying they knew that was coming.

"Did I say chicken?" Tracey asked nervously. "I think so," Emma muttered. "That was pretty dumb," Ash muttered. "Pika," the Pikachu agreed. Tracey chuckled nervously, "I must have meant 'It's a good thing we have you here, checking for Bug types'."

"Let's go!" Misty snapped and grabbed his arm to pull him toward the woods. "Uh, Misty you coming in?" Emma asked and she, Ash and Tracey's Pokémon followed.

Marill and Venonat started to take the lead and the kids were following them on the path. Misty's annoyed look disappeared, and she looked around nervously as she walked closely beside Emma.

"Oh, come on Misty, Bug Pokémon aren't scary," Emma said. "That's what you think," Misty said. Marill and Venonat suddenly stopped, and both turned to the side, calling out.

"Did they find something?" Ash asked. "Yeah, seems like it," Tracey said. Misty moved behind Emma nervously, "What kind of something?" Emma sighed and Tracey pulled out his binoculars, "I'll take a look." He looked through his binoculars, "Wow, a Caterpie."

Ash grinned, "Hey, I haven't caught a Caterpie in a long time." Misty hit him in the back, "You not doing it again!" Misty pulled on Emma and Ash's arms, "Let's go!"

Marill and Venonat were calling out as they jumped up and down. "Misty! There's something behind these bushes!" Tracey called. "As long as it's not a Caterpie, who cares?" Misty asked.

A Pinsir popped up from the bushes right in front of Misty, and she looked at it. She screamed and ran back to hid behind Tracey, "A Pinsir is ever worse than a Caterpie! Get it away! Get it away!"

...................

"Venonat and Marill are good to have around," Ash said while the group continued with the walking, the kids were still following Venonat and Marill.