Chapter 41 - Spinarak Attack

Emma and her friends were walking in a city called Catallia, as they walked down the street, police sirens went off as a police car headed down the street past them. "Must be trouble," Misty said. Brock smiled, "Come on!" He ran after the police car before anyone could stop him.

"Wait up!" Ash called as they followed. "Slow down!" Emma called. Brock smiled, "I bet that's Officer Jenny in that patrol car!" Suddenly, he tripped on the ground, and Ash, Emma and Misty slowed down. Ash chuckled, "That was a pretty short trip."

"And an even shorter fall," Emma said in amusement. Togepi in Emma's arms, looked up, "Togy! Togy!" Ash, Emma and Misty looked down at it. "Togepi?" Emma asked, "What's the matter?" Suddenly a Pokémon came down in front of Emma and Misty. Emma immediately noticed form the side that it was a spider, but Misty didn't know it from the smile on its abdomen. The redhead girl smiled, "Oh, that's so cute."

The face on the spider's abdomen changed to an angry one as the spider revealed its six legs, causing Misty to scream in terror. "Misty, calm down, it's just a spider," Emma said. "It's a bug!" Misty screamed in horror and fell back.

The spider lifted above their heads, and the four kids looked up at it in confusion, before they gasped when the spider shot web on them.

**

The cops took the trapped kids to Officer Jenny, who stared at them. "We found them caught in a Spinarak web about a half mile down the road," one of the cops said. "They don't look like criminals," Officer Jenny said, "They're just kids."

"She's right!" Brock said. "It's sticky," Emma said. "Pika-chu," the female Pikachu said. "Togy!" Togepi said. "What did I do now?" Ash said. "Pika!" the male mouse said. "Help us, Officer Jenny!" Misty begged.

After Officer Jenny and the cops managed to pull the kids, the Pikachu and Togepi out of the web, Officer Jenny was walking them on the crime scene. "I apologize," she said, "We hung those webs to catch the thief who's been imitating The Black Arachnid."

"The Black A-what-nid?" Ash asked. "I know that name!" Emma said, "The Black Arachnid was a famous thief who lived in this town a full century, or one hundred years, ago. Right, Officer Jenny?" Officer Jenny nodded, "Yes. That's right."

Misty kneeled down as she looked at bottle caps on the ground, "Well, look at what was left behind. Maybe it's a clue about the thief. I wonder what it could mean." Officer Jenny blinked, "Wait a minute. Two Pikachus? Togepi? I don't suppose you kids are those professional Pokémon crime fighters I've heard about, are you?"

"What makes you say that, Officer Jenny?" Ash asked as Misty stood up. "You see, I just got a letter from my sister in New Bark Town. She told me all about how four trainers like you, helped her crack a Pokémon burglary case," Officer Jenny explained. Emma and Ash exchanged a smile.

"Oh, she means when we rescued the Totodile," Ash said. "Yeah," Emma said. Brock stepped forward and saluted, "That's us! We're professional Pokémon burglary investigators at your service!"

Misty frowned, "What's that mean?" she asked. "It means he'll say anything to impress Officer Jenny," Emma said with a sigh. "Yeah, no kidding," Misty agreed in slight annoyance. Suddenly, that same spider dropped down in front of Misty, frightening her and making her hid behind Emma, "A bug!"

Officer Jenny smiled, "Just a Spinarak," she said as she held her arm out, and the Spinarak crawled onto Officer Jenny's shoulder. "This one's the cutest one on the force." Emma smiled, "It's so cute!" she said as Officer Jenny held Spinarak in her hands.

Spinarak is a green Pokémon that resembles a spider. It has black eyes with white pupils, a white horn on its forehead, and a pair of red mandibles. On the back of its abdomen are two black dots and a line that resembles a face; the face on its back can change expression as it did earlier. There is an additional line encircling the end of its abdomen. It has three pairs of yellow legs, each with a black band around the middle.