Chapter 16

After I showed Sanae her room, she spent the whole afternoon in it. Either she loved it or she was planning her escape by being inside the whole time. The later seems quite reasonable.

I spent my afternoon in my office downstairs but my mind kept drifting back to the person upstairs. In the evening Alpha jin  has set a meeting regarding the current affair. So I have to be there. I can’t leave Sanae alone so I have asked Jungkook.

I was looking at the reports that I have to present in the meeting when Jungkook bursts in my office.

“Don’t you fucking know how to knock!” I shout at him.

“Why did you call me?” He asks instead.

“I want you to look after Sanae.” I say looking back at the papers.

“What?” He asks slamming his hands on the table. I glare at him. He mumbles a sorry and takes the seat in front of me.

“I want you to look after Sanae.” I repeat. I look at him, terror reflecting in his eyes.

“I...I... You want me to look after an assassin?” He stutters. I nod at him, collecting the papers and putting them in the file.

“Please, Tae, I have kids to feed. And who will look after my kids if she-”

“You don’t have kids Jungkook.” I say cutting him. He haven’t even found a mate yet. He is being dramatic. What’s the deal with looking after her? He just have to make sure that she doesn’t run away. Simple, right?

“But if you ask someone else to look after that assassin then I will live long enough to have kids.”

“She has a name Jungkook!” I say slamming my hands on the table with more force than required which makes the table shake. He flinches at my action.

“I...I will look after Sanae.” He stutters. I nod at him.

“Come with me.” I take the file and leave my office with Jungkook behind me.

I make my way upstairs and towards Sanae’s room, occasionally looking over my shoulder to make sure if Jungkook is there.

When I reach the door across my room, I knock on it twice. She doesn’t answer my knocks. I wonder if she is inside or has already ran away. I knock once more and she doesn’t answer this time too.

“Sanae I am coming in.” I announce and push the door open and get in. I spot her lying on bed, staring at the ceiling like its the most important thing in this world. Her attention is bought to me once she feels my presence in the room. She sits up, her hair falling over her shoulders. I fight the strong urge to jump on the bed and cuddle with her.

“Sanae, I am going out.” I say and I swear I saw the wheels in her head speed up. There’s that mischievous glint in her eyes. I don’t want to leave her but I have to. I look over my shoulder and signal Jungkook to come inside the room.

As jungkook steps in, her eyes move to him from me and I feel that heat of jealousy in my chest. I want to throw Jungkook  out of the window, he better behave with my Sanae.

“This is Jungkook, the Gamma. He will look after you while I am not here. If you want anything then tell him.” I say. She tilts her head to one side and examines Jungkook from head to toe as if examining her prey. I feel Jungkook shiver under her gaze and I can bet that Jungkook almost got a cardiac arrest.

“H... Hi S.... Sa...Sanae.” Jungkook stutters and I hold back this strong urge to laugh at him. She smirks at Jungkook but says nothing.

“Bye Sanae. I will see you at night.” I say and leave.

~~~

“Hey Jungkook.” I greet the wolf as soon as taehyung left. I see him shiver when I say his name. I chuckle at his response. I am soo having fun with him.

“Let’s go outside. You can show me the territory.” And I can runaway.

“N...no y...you are su....supposed to stay here. Taehyung will show you the territory.” He manages to speak with as less stuttering as possible and leaves the room. I leap from my bed, exit the room and follow him outside. I can already say that he is creped out. I follow him to the staircase. When he was going to climb down, he felt my present behind him. He looks over his shoulder at me, terror decorating his face. I am soo having fun with this Jungkook. I give him one of my sweet grins and he gulps aloud.

“W....Wh... What are you doing?” He stutters. I pout and shrug my shoulders and say ” I thought Taehyung left you to look after me.”

“Y...yes he d...di...did.”

“Then why are you avoiding me?” I ask copying the tone of a five years old. I can hear his heart trying to escape his chest.

“I...i am not avoiding you.”

“Let’s talk.” I say. So my plan is to know the border petrol pattern from the Gamma and escape tonight. I can’t waste another day here. I have to return to my pack by tomorrow. I planned my escape from Taehyung’s house pretty well this afternoon. Now all I have to do is know the border petrol pattern and Ta-da! I am free! I am sure that they have changed their border security measures after my pack attacked them. I am going to try to get some information from Jungkook. I think he will spill pretty much everything if I hold a knife to his neck.

I can’t help but feel happy thinking that soon I will escape but Calliope is not very pleased with the idea of leaving. She wants to stay here with him. She has already grown attached to Taehyung. She enjoyed the kiss more than I did. That kiss means nothing to me. Nope. Nothing. I have been kissed before and I have been used before but this time I won’t let anyone use me for their own greed again. It will not happen again.

I will escape tonight and that’s it. I will never trace my path back to this pack. I will leave him and if this hurts Calliope then be it but I am not getting hurt this time.

Not Again.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE