Chapter 43

Jun.”

“Him?” Taehyung asked for confirmation. He could have done much more harm to him before killing him if he knew that earlier. Thinking of him, made his blood boil and why not? He almost killed his Sanae! But he felt hurt about Sanae not telling this to him before. Sanae sensed the turmoil of emotions in him through the bond and she knew that Taehyung could sense hers too.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?” Taehyung asked gently but his animalistic voice was still there. She could feel his whole body heat up. She could sense his wolf at the edge. She felt guiltier looking into his hurt eyes.

“I...I...I tried to tell you but...” She trailed off and closed her eyes. All the painful memories of her previous mate started flooding her mind. She wanted to cry, she wanted to forget what he caused her. Discussing it with Taehyung has reopened some of the painful wounds that she thought were healed.

“Taehyung, I am sorry.” She apologized hoping that it will provide some relief, it will help to kill her guilt but not all the things could be killed easily and being an assassin, she knew that too well. She felt tears wetting her cheeks as she buried her face in his chest. taehyung pulled her closer and buried his nose in her hair, an attempt to calm his wolf.

Now the realization dawned upon him. Now he knew why she put the walls, why she wanted to leave. She was afraid that he will hurt her the same way her previous mate did. Taehyung felt sorry for everything she had to go through. It wasn’t pleasant and if there was something he could do to undo all the bad things that happened to her then he was ready to do it. He knew the pain; he realized it through their bond. He could sense the terror, the pain and everything through the bond.

As she sniffed in his chest, he rubbed his hand on her back. It had been proved by Sanae that emotional pain is stronger than any form of physical pain. Sanae has gone through a lot and he was both grateful and happy that she gave him a chance after being hurt by her first mate. It must have taken a lot for her to give him a chance and he wasn’t going to let her down anytime soon.

“It’s okay . I understand.”  Taehyung said assuring her. She looked up at him, his brown eyes always enchanted her, attracted her and now when the bond was strong she always felt tingly sensation just by looking at them.

“You do?” She asked as she couldn’t believe her ears. She expected him to shout at her, to get mad at her. She thought that they will start fighting over the matter but he said that he understood. Did he really? Taehyung always surprised her. She never met anyone like him; he treated her like no one ever did. He showed her love and affection and stood up for her when no one did. She knew that he was ready to go against his whole pack if that’s what it took to keep her, to be with her. He told her that he loved her.

“Yes.” He said, his eyes full of understanding and softness. In the beginning, she was hesitant in investing her trust and love in Taehyung but now she was sure. He was the best thing that happened to her. After being rejected, her world turned grey, her reality was killing her, unlike any other deadly poison. Her life became a poison itself, slowly eating her from inside just like the one named Alqueza. She thought that it was the end but then Taehyung came into her life or more appropriately, she strolled into his life and things changed for both of them.

He made her feel special and she couldn’t think of anything that she did to deserve him. It was a surprise to her that the moon goddess granted her a second chance at life and she was more than grateful for it.

“You’re not mad at me?” Sanae asked.

“No. Never. I can never get mad at you.” Taehyung said, playing with a strand of her brown hair.

Never?”

Never.”

“Okay, can I test?” Sanae asked teasing, surprised at the change of her behavior. She took a mental note to get checked by the doctor if she had bipolar disorder.

“Sure, if you want to burn down the whole house.” Taehyung suggested but Sanae thought that it wouldn’t be great idea.

“Next time.” She said as she looked out the window and saw that it was heavily raining outside.

“There’s more.” She added remembering the plan she made with her fellow assassins and some trusted pack members. It has to be executed as soon as possible. It was already delayed because of her and she didn’t want it to get more delayed and wait till it’s too late.

“What is it?” He asked, his thoughts racing a mile per hour thinking about what other dark secrets she had.

“That night when I asked you to let me go-”

“You are not leaving.” He growled lowly which made Sanae sigh. Whenever the word ‘leaving’ came up in their conversation, Taehyung became angry. He wouldn’t hear the next word after that. It always happened but right now Sanae was determined to tell him everything.

“Tae please let me speak. There’s something important you need to know. It will save you and your whole pack.” Sanae said. taehyung didn’t have any option so he listened.

“My pack is making humanoids that can cause destruction at a very large scale. They are almost prepared and right now all they are doing is testing them. They will use those humanoids to destroy other packs starting with yours. They will stop at nothing. The creators don’t know that those humanoids can outsmart them and take over them instead. I and some of my fellow assassins and other trusted members made a plan to destroy them. The plan was to be executed after the day we attacked your pack but...”

“You’re stuck here?” Taehyung completed her where she trailed off. She nodded.

“Initially we never wanted to attack your pack. The day when you caught Hoseok, we were here for help actually. Since being from an enemy pack, you wouldn’t have allowed us to step foot on your lands with permission so we decided to sneak in-”

“Are you crazy? The border patrol might have killed you once they’d get their hands on you.” He said.

“I know but we didn’t have any other option and being the strongest pack, we knew that we’d get the help we were looking for. Just a bunch of people are not enough to destroy them.” She explained.

“The day before when you caught Hoseok, I successfully got into your territory without anyone knowing-”

“You met Minjoon that day, right?” He asked, replaying the whole incident. He remembered that that day smelling her scent and hearing her voice made Leo act differently. That day he was close to her and he couldn’t help but wonder what would have happened had he met her that day.

“Yes, that day I met the kid. Next day, I came with hoseok to get in but unfortunately while I was surveying the area, you caught him.”

“Did you know anything about me at that time?” Taehyung asked.

“No.”

“Since Hoseok is an important spy for our pack, we had to come and get him. That day our sole purpose was to get hoseok out from your pack but jun wanted to kill two birds with the same stone so he commanded me to get that kid and kill him.”

“But you didn’t.”

“Yes, I didn’t. I couldn’t. Calliope was telling me not to. She kept saying ‘he will be hurt’. I couldn’t quite comprehend what she was saying but I trusted her and acted accordingly.” She explained.

“So I planned to hide the kid and return him later. This way I will be earning some trust from your Alpha but things didn’t go as planned.” Sanae added.

“Sometimes best things happen when things don’t go as planned, Sanae.” Taehyung said looking at the she-wolf in his arms lovingly. She was the best thing that happened to him and it wasn’t anything different for her either.

“tae I need to inform them to get the plan started ”she said and again he made frown  face.

jimin and yoongi

Thank you reading ^^ hope you have a wonderful day/night uwu. 💜:D