Chapter 25

“Oh there you are!” That old woman exclaims and takes my mate into a deadly hug. I can see her struggling to breathe. Finally she let go of my mate and enters the house like she owns it. I get up from my seat and rush to the kitchen, finding a perfect place to hide. I find an empty cabinet but being 6 foot 5 inches tall won’t allow me to fit in there comfortably.

“Taehyung, I know you are in there! Come out!” the old woman roars from outside and I gulp hard. I look around to find more suitable place for hiding. My eyes fall on the window and I wonder if it will be right for me to climb off a window of my house. It will look as if I am sneaking in my own house.

“Taehyung. I know you’re in there!” the old woman teases, her voice coming clearer, indicating that she is moving closer to the kitchen. I feel beads of sweat form on my forehead. She will find me soon.

“Ha! There you are!” She exclaims standing by the kitchen door, her hands clamped together and her staff dangling midair from her hands. I feel like my nightmares have come true. You must be wondering why I am behaving like this in the presence of this old woman, well, I must tell you that looks are deceiving. She may look old but she has the energy of a five year old. She looks sweet and grandmotherly but she is a deadly beast. My pack people call her the fire lady. Why? Because she is my grandmother and even though it’s metaphorically but she does breaths fire. She is the first hybrid in our family and she is the oldest pack member though she doesn’t live here. She lives somewhere Far East in a small village amongst humans. She has strange fascination with humans and I won’t be surprised if she kidnaped a human and bought it here with her.

She has looked after me, jin and jungkook after our parents died in a war with the Night Walkers. Right now, leaning out of the window I feel like a five year old who has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I gulp aloud and find Sanae leaning by the wall and watching the whole scenario like an interesting movie, only the popcorn is missing.

“Gran-Gra-Grandma.” I stutter and why not. She is my living nightmare, not only mine but mostly the whole pack. Jin and jungkook fear her like the Satan. Heck, Satan is no comparison to her. I remember how she used to haul our asses and now, she is back to do that again. I literally feel like my ass is on fire, right now.

“Why are you leaning out of the window Tae?” She asks juggling her staff in her hands. I wonder why she even uses that thing. She can walk perfectly without any support but still, she carries that staff... they are inseparable, it’s like her second mate and I hate the staff like anything because it has handed my ass to me many times in the past. I remember planning with jin and jungkook when we were teens to get rid of the staff and we eventually did. But the fire lady found it out and later decorated our asses with red marks using that staff only. Now looking at the staff, I can’t help but reminisce about the times when I had trouble sitting on my butt. I hope she doesn’t act violently with me in front of my mate.

“Uh I ... I was ... I was just looking outside.” I manage to say and she raises a gray eyebrow at me.

“Oh.” That’s all she says and looks at Sanae.

“Your mate is lovely. Why haven’t you told me about her earlier?” She asks, the staff in her hand is ready to hand my ass to me again.

“I .. I was.. I was going to tell you about her. Let’s eat breakfast.” I say quickly, trying to diffuse the tension caused by the fire lady. She nods and moves towards the breakfast table but her eyes are fixed on Sanae all the time.

She takes the seat beside me and I know that I can’t escape from her wrath anymore. Sanae takes her seat and I prepare a plate for the fire lady.

“What is your name beautiful?” She asks my mate.

“Sanae.” She answers quietly and I can see the uncertainty on my mate’s face. She must be trying to figure out why I am acting like this. Well, I have reasons. Good reasons.

“You are my grandson’s mate. Girl, you need to learn how to breathe fire cause all the females in our family breath fire.” She says to my mate and I shake my head at her words. Sanae grins at her words. I wonder what the fire lady would say once she realizes that her grandson’s mate was an assassin.

“Did he mark you?” She asks and I freeze. I don’t know how I should answer her question. She will definitely freak out knowing that I haven’t marked her yet. According to her it’s not good to stay unmarked and unmated long after you have found your mate. She says that Grandpa marked her the day she met and that their love story was famous and people used to give examples of their bond in old days. I highly doubt that, I can bet that her love story with the staff is more popular than the one including grandpa. I know that wherever grandpa is, he must be rubbing his own ass right now trying to get rid of the pain her staff caused his ass. Lord, her staff knows everybody’s ass. I can write a series on her and her staff.

“No.” My mate answers and I know that my ass is going to be handed over to me in no time.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE