Suspicions, Pt. 2

Jieun leaned against the pole, staring into the pink sky in the far distance.

It was these kinds of moments that she really missed her. Oh, how kind she was. She never stopped believing in Jieun. She trusted in Jieun more than Jieun trusted herself. Yoojung reminded Jieun a lot of her, but just that her friendship with Yoojung was way shorter.

It was a similar situation with the F5. Amongst the F5 - no matter how much Yoojung tried to get closer to Jieun, there were times when they would talk about the past and Jieun sometimes felt left out. Jieun didn't blame them - it's just something time does to friendships. Being friends for a much longer time really makes a difference.

Anyway, she would have definitely been on Jieun's side in this case.

Jieun was sad that the rest of the class were suspicious of her but... even F5? Yoojung who spoked up for her so much and had no doubt towards her whatsoever, Jimin and Taehyung who were cracking their heads trying to think of who the real culprit was... and Jungkook.

Jungkook who had promised to apologise to Hoseok as well if Jieun was really the culprit. He must think that she really stole his watch. He must be really disappointed in her. He must be regretting right now for being such an idiot to stand up for her.

Jieun sighed, staring into the sunset.

"What would you do right now?" Jieun whispered into the sunset. "What would you do if you were in my position?"

Ms Ahn had called Hoseok and her to her office earlier. Hoseok had told her his side of the story and Jieun had told her hers. She let them off, telling them that she'd have a conference with the principal.

But Jieun knew that the odds were completely against her. Was she really gonna get expelled this time for theft? What would her parents think? They would be so disappointed. The last time, regarding the cheating incident, they had complete faith in her, but that was because there was no solid evidence. But this time, there was. Would they leave her side just like everyone else?

Jieun let out a long deep sigh, taking a seat on the ground. She closed her eyes.

"I just need one person to believe me and that's enough," Jieun felt tears roll down her cheeks. She didn't even know why - she thought that her feelings were already numb. She thought she had no more tears left to cry. But apparently she still did. "Just one."

"You do."

The sudden voice coming from next to Jieun caught her by surprise. She turned her head, only to see Jungkook taking a seat next to her.

"What are you doing up here?" Jieun asked coldly, moving away slightly from him.

"Looking for you," Jungkook said simply. "I followed you and Hoseok to Ms Ahn's office but you left so quickly I didn't even see you. I thought you'd be up here."

Jieun swallowed hard. "But why would you look for me? I must have disappointed you, did I not?"

A moment's silence.

"No, why?"

Jieun frowned. "Have you forgotten? The bet with Hoseok. You need to apologise now."

Jungkook stared at her blankly for a while, then laughed. "No, I don't."

Jieun raised an eyebrow.

"Why apologise for something you didn't even do?" Jungkook continued. "You only apologise if you did something wrong... Why should you apologise when you didn't even steal his watch?"

Jieun couldn't believe it. He still trusted her. "What? But you saw it too, in class. The watch was in my bag!"

Jungkook laughed, patting Jieun's head lightly. "Only an idiot would keep something she stole in her bag for a week. Lee Jieun, are you an idiot?"