I Forgot...

"That's such a horrible thing to say..." Yoojung lamented to Jimin on the bus ride back home from Jennie's house. "What her parents said."

It was true. It turned out that Jennie's parents had forced Jennie to cut off ties with her now ex-boyfriend, Jongin, simply because he was too poor. They wanted her to date someone of similar status as their family and because of that... Jennie had refused to eat or drink for two whole days, in hopes that they would retract their order.

However, they didn't care. They even left for a business trip that very night and ignored Jennie ever since, only leaving her with pocket money, which she didn't even spend a single cent of.

And so Jennie continued on her hunger strike... It literally took two whole hours for Yoojung, Doyeon and Jimin to convince her that there was no point and that she should stop. Doyeon continued staying with Jennie, making sure that she took care of herself properly.

"I know..." Jimin frowned. "My parents will never say such a thing."

Yoojung laughed. "Your family isn't rich enough for them to say such a thing."

"Are you looking down on my family right now?" Jimin snarled. "Choi Yoojung, you have no right to do so! Your family is equally... not rich!"

Yoojung laughed.

Their two families had known each other for as long as Jimin and Yoojung had been friends, so they were close enough to joke about each others' family wealth like that. Taehyung and Jungkook both came from families that were slightly above average in income, so before Jieun had joined them, they were the only two in F4 with similar family backgrounds. It was some kind of running joke between their two families.

"I guess... in that sense, we're kind of similar," Yoojung admitted.

"Mmhmm."

The bus ride continued and for some reason, Yoojung suddenly thought of earlier in the day when Jimin had given Doyeon the calming medicine instead of her. He probably knew she was the kind who freaked out easily too, why didn't he buy a bottle for her as well?

"Hey... Jimin?" Yoojung hesitated.

"Hm?" Jimin turned to look at Yoojung.

"That calming medicine you bought earlier..." Yoojung began, but didn't know how to continue. Why didn't you buy one for me? That sounded too direct... and weird.

"Mmhmm?" Jimin raised an eyebrow. "What about it?"

Yoojung felt her palms turn sweaty. What should she say... How should she continue...

"Why I didn't buy one for you?" Jimin had magicaly read her mind.

Yoojung gasped. "How did you know I was gonna ask you that?"

"I'm psychic," Jimin joked.

"But yeah," Yoojung frowned. "You know I get nervous easily too... Why didn't you get one for me?"

Jimin remained silent.

Yoojung watched him quietly, but no response came. Not a single "oh, there was only one bottle left on the shelf" or any other excuse that Yoojung would have accepted without a second doubt. Just... silence.

Then it hit Yoojung.

Did Jimin have a crush on Doyeon? Had he really so magically moved on from her onto a new crush? Did he really-

Come to think of it, he hadn't shown that much signs of liking her in the past few weeks. He had begun talking to Doyeon more often too - that time when she saw them smiling and talking to each other along the corridor... He had talked to her at lunch that day too... He had also bought the calming medicine specially for her...

Now, Yoojung was more desperate for an answer. Any answer, just any answer will do. Any answer that meant that he still cared a little bit about her. Maybe he didn't have enough money on him? Maybe they were out of stock? Maybe... his pockets and bag didn't have space? Any reason-

Then Jimin finally answered.

And it was the worst reason he could ever give.

"Sorry, I forgot."